Diamond drinks on first night

Liberty 55

First cruise as a Diamond member.  I know that they now load 4 drinks to your sea pass.  My question is would I get 4 drinks on embarcation day, as this is not a full day or are they pro rate?  Also, do they have a breakfast area for Diamond and above where you can get cappuccino, latte, in the morning.

Thank you

Yes, you can use your 4 drinks for day 1 as soon as you board. Just use your cabin # or set sail pass if you don't have your sea pass yet.

There is a Diamond Lounge with a self-serve coffee machine that makes espresso-based drinks. It's open 24/7 but the machine may be down for cleaning/maintenance at certain times. You will also find a spread of breakfast pastries and items (possibly parfaits, oatmeal, etc.) there for a couple hours every morning (more like a continental breakfast, not a full breakfast).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the it now we can get a CAS drink whenever we want. We use to like the old perk where there was a set a side area for Diamond and above in the MDR for breakfast. Never crowed, better service (less people plentily of severs)and never a problem getting a two top. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Depending how enthusiastic you are if the machine is down like it was on harmony last week myself and another pax did a little self service .

Machine needed coffee beans so she started opening all the cupboard doors and came up with a bag of lavazza expresso beans . 

Filled up the hopper and then the machine stated the grounds needed to be emptied. 

I found the door at the center of the machine and emptied the container. 

The machine was back to grinding those beans with the roar of a hemi engine.

Cappuccinos for everybody !😀

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, loman said:

the machine stated the grounds needed to be emptied. 

I found the door at the center of the machine and emptied the container

I feel like I must have emptied the grounds on half my cruises. That machine is very important to me, lol.

In June, Wonder had a newer machine I hadn't seen before... had to learn how to empty that one. Now I'm prepared.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I feel like I must have emptied the grounds on half my cruises. That machine is very important to me, lol.

In June, Wonder had a newer machine I hadn't seen before... had to learn how to empty that one. Now I'm prepared.

Yes, that machine is a big part of my cruise also . I visit the D lounge  several times a day .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liberty 55 said:

Excellent!  Thanks for everyone’s respond, much appreciated.  Looking forward our first Diamond cruise on the Jewel of the Seas

Enjoy your new benefits. I just came off a cruise on Jewel, and the lounge coffee machine made some of the best coffee I’ve ever had. As good as (sometimes better) than the coffee shop.

m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Like the it now we can get a CAS drink whenever we want. We use to like the old perk where there was a set a side area for Diamond and above in the MDR for breakfast. Never crowed, better service (less people plentily of severs)and never a problem getting a two top. 

Way too many diamond, diamond plus, and Pinnacle these days to set aside that diamond up area for breakfast. On a recent jewel of the seas cruise we had 1100 diamond, diamond plus and Pinnacle out of 2300 passengers. Almost half the ship.

m

16 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Way too many diamond, diamond plus, and Pinnacle these days to set aside that diamond up area for breakfast. On a recent jewel of the seas cruise we had 1100 diamond, diamond plus and Pinnacle out of 2300 passengers. Almost half the ship.

m

It varies greatly depending on ship & time of year.

On Wonder this summer the numbers for D & above were incredibly low (I saw them posted for 3-4 sailings). I want to say easily under 500. Half the 6000+ passengers were 1st time cruisers.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It varies greatly depending on ship & time of year.

On Wonder this summer the numbers for D & above were incredibly low (I saw them posted for 3-4 sailings). I want to say easily under 500. Half the 6000+ passengers were 1st time cruisers.

Its amazing how many people have sailed with Royal before yet don't have C&A numbers or don't enter them on their reservation when they book.  I think it takes quite a few people 2 to 3 sailings before they realize they should be adding their numbers to their booking.  Just booked a family of 5 yesterday snd only one had a C&A number yet they had all sailed a couple of times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its amazing how many people have sailed with Royal before yet don't have C&A numbers or don't enter them on their reservation when they book.  I think it takes quite a few people 2 to 3 sailings before they realize they should be adding their numbers to their booking.  Just booked a family of 5 yesterday snd only one had a C&A number yet they had all sailed a couple of times.

That is amazing yet I can believe it & it helps explain the numbers.

• Like 1

Your Diamond drinks are available immediately upon boarding. The reset for a new day occurs at 5AM, so if you are a late night partier, you won't be using "next day" drinks if you are still drinking in the wee hours. If you haven't used your 4 vouchers for Diamond, you can get bottled water or canned drinks(both soda and canned beer and Truly) at any open bar except Bionic Bar on certain ships.

Drinks also include fresh squeezed orange juice and virgin cocktails.

Don't forget the free photo available for Diamond and up. Be sure to go online to read all the benefits of Crown and Anchor Society. 

Have a great trip,

Barb