LIVE! First Time Royal Cruiser In Wonder-land Oct 1-8th Let’s Cruise!

18 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

OMG there is a screeching toddler in here.  One of those high pitched squeals/screams.  Make it stop 😭

With my hearing aids, that can be pretty miserable for me. My older child had a painfully high squeal at age two/three. First time visiting my parents with her, my dad's dog bit her!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The route is sorta back on track but going at 24 knots!

@Biker19 Yes I wonder if we veered off course for a medical evacuation.  We did seem 

to stop for awhile again at some point let last night.  

Good thing seas are calmer!

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 1

Sitting at the Pub having Bloody Mary. I guess a parade is starting. Quick note, the Filet at Giovanni’s last night was the best steak yet. Even better than Chops and Hooked. So far the food had been great, at least in all the specialty’s. 

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 5

I’m obviously grumpy from lack of sleep, so take my comments this morning with that knowledge in hand.

Obviously it was the right thing to wake everyone up to save someone’s life, so I’m not grumpy about that, just my inability to fall back asleep for awhile.

Didn’t do the lovely Park Cafe for breakfast because of the rain and wind.

Instead, I tried the Windjammer. My initial instincts to stay away from the buffet (any buffet) were the right ones. But WOW, I really didn’t like this one.  The food was fine and vaguely warm (just like on Carnival) BUT it was like TIme Square on New Year’s Eve.  PACKED.  

I found a table to put my coffee and silverware on. On Carnival, that would save my seat. Went and got some food, since I’ll be gone all day on my excursion.  Got back, and my coffee was GONE and people sitting there.  I find another table after quite a bit of looking (now my food is vaguely cold) and a server comes over and saves the day…I tell her what happens and she got me a new cappuccino.  That was VERY nice, and she got it for me very quickly.

There is another place to get Espressos right at the beginning of the Windjammer from the non-pool side (aft? forward? I still get turned around).

Had my food, weakly attempted a few videos of the buffet (just too many people; will have to try and find an off time), and now I’m getting ready for my day out.

Did find a little spot near a kids outdoor feature right near the coffee spot that had NO high plexi-glass outside; will check that out for a few photos of our sail-in to St. Thomas.

By the way, the Cafe Promenade espresso coffee is by far the strongest and best (and only dry one I could achieve) so that explains the big line there every morning.

Photos to follo!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Sitting at the Pub having Bloody Mary. I guess a parade is starting. Quick note, the Filet at Giovanni’s last night was the best steak yet. Even better than Chops and Hooked. So far the food had been great, at least in all the specialty’s. 

Yes, I agree the Speciality food has been DIVINE; a foodie’s dream!  

I will probably get that steak at Giovannis; I don’t do lots of pasta.

I may dash downstairs for that parade!

• Like 1

WOW. Announcement over loud speakers—many tours cancelled today due to adverse weather. They just read out the ones that are still going, and mine IS still going!

Open air buses. I’m going to get wet. I will bring my umbrella; didn’t bring a rain coat hope they have ponchos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

WOW. Announcement over loud speakers—many tours cancelled today due to adverse weather. They just read out the ones that are still going, and mine IS still going!

Open air buses. I’m going to get wet. I will bring my umbrella; didn’t bring a rain coat hope they have ponchos.

I'm sorry to hear that the rainy weather is continuing. That pesky tropical storm Philippe is probably the culprit. So did you end up bringing your lightweight umbrella from home? If so, good call!

Glad your tour is going ahead. Enjoy St. Thomas. Maybe the sun will peak out later!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Yes, I agree the Speciality food has been DIVINE; a foodie’s dream!  

I will probably get that steak at Giovannis; I don’t do lots of pasta.

I may dash downstairs for that parade!

Parade was cool, really loud. Lol I’m guessing the whole ship load of folks are down here. Ha

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm sorry to hear that the rainy weather is continuing. That pesky tropical storm Philippe is probably the culprit. So did you end up bringing your lightweight umbrella from home? If so, good call!

Glad your tour is going ahead. Enjoy St. Thomas. Maybe the sun will peak out later!

I DID bring that tiny umbrella!  Fits in a tiny purse; perfect for one: 

BE7A5C69-8C5D-4C79-A739-03BDE3198C7F.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Parade was cool, really loud. Lol I’m guessing the whole ship load of folks are down here. Ha

Right? I really enjoyed it though. You KNOW there is a big ship when they have that many big props for the parade!  Got some fun video and photos too. 

89329D4F-C965-4371-A9DB-9606C081CB93.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Just got woken up by a 4am in-room announcement.

Medical emergency. They need someone with a donor card and an O Negative blood type. I unfortunately have neither.

We are at a dead stop; I’m suspecting a medical evacuation.

I hope the person is OK.

Now I’m wide awake. I went from completely asleep to completely awake.

Do people have and/or travel with a donor card? I know my blood type but I've never had a donor card. I didn't even know it was a thing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Do people have and/or travel with a donor card? I know my blood type but I've never had a donor card. I didn't even know it was a thing!

I didn’t know either—feel like DH and I should  have one since we travel often and could help someone out