Live from the Caribbean Princess, Oct 14 - Nov 5, 22-day Canadian and Atlantic Coast Land and Sea Adventure

Ken the cruiser

36 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Any more information on the Northern Lights?

I think we can forget about see any Northern Lights, even if the gauge was at a 10, due to the low clouds and rain we’re experiencing right now, along with what we may be heading into.

The green ship in the red circle is the CB, and we’ll be in Halifax day after tomorrow, which is at the blue circle at the bottom of the picture.

IMG_3736.thumb.jpeg.401ec9f62ed5deb54f942676d7865c11.jpeg

This is the Windy “wind” forecast chart. Notice the orange-brown coloring (30 knot winds) to the right of the island where the ship is currently just to the south of. That’s why the ship is rocking right now.

IMG_3735.thumb.jpeg.09f42ab9b03e561df03b95c87ca745ba.jpeg

However, according to the Windy forecast by 10 am tomorrow morning (Sunday), the winds in our path could be approaching 40 knots as we get closer to Halifax where we’re scheduled to dock early Monday morning.

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.a870598deb5f8cecb47eaae80cec98aa.jpeg

Here’s the link I used to create the above photos that you can click on to see up to date weather information.

https://www.windy.com/

But as far as the Northern Lights go, even if we had clear skies, the next few nights doesn’t look promising anyway.

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.b943cd01f588146f140a55f903ca4bef.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Manderius said:

How's the Caribbean Princess overall for you as she's an older one

She’s doing great. So far we have no complaints. The public areas, like the theater and the Fusion Lounge, have comfortable seats, our mattress as well as the other furniture in our cabin are super comfortable, and the food served in the Reserve dining room has been hot and quite tasty!

• Like 2

This evening after another tasty dinner in the Reserve dining room, we headed to the theater to watch Gary Delena, a very funny comedian who’s performed on a variety of Princess ships over the years. There was supposed to be a production show tonight, but was postponed due to technical reasons.

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.cd5cfefc24a488130f891d934b80837c.jpeg

IMG_3726.thumb.jpeg.e83205afd6be9b4e12a2cd7ebf4afd29.jpeg

Afterwards, we headed to the Fusion Lounge to watch an encore performance by AJ Jamal, who kept us laughing pretty much through his entire show! This guy is a fantastic comedian!

IMG_3727.thumb.jpeg.07ce3a99ae33d49bfc5813f025202ca6.jpeg

Then, due to the ship starting to wiggle because of the windy conditions we’re just starting to encounter, we passed on the game show and headed back to the cabin.

IMG_3730.thumb.jpeg.9636aebd6a629259876485cac78caf48.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Just now, abbydancer said:

Just curious, who are your servers in the Retreat dining area?

Unfortunately, I’m not good with names. The first two nights we had two wonderful lady servers and one gentleman head server, and tonight we had three very attentive gentleman servers. However, tomorrow we’re going to ask to be put back in the section with the two lady servers and the one gentleman head server.

Sorry, for not remembering their names.

As a side note regarding laundry. On our Quebec City excursion, we were talking to a couple that were Elites and they mentioned they got a letter stating that due to the number of (Elite) passengers on this cruise, they should expect their laundry to be returned within 72 hours.

We had heard on a prior cruise that suite guests’ laundry takes priority over Elite laundry. Not sure how true that is, but we put a full bag (41 pieces) in yesterday morning and got them back this evening after we left for dinner.

If there are any Elite members following this thread that have sent their laundry in on this specific cruise, if I might ask what has your experience been so far? The reason I’m asking is because we’ll be Elite after this cruise, so we’re just curious if the suite passengers do actually get priority or is it just more of a submission timing thing?

51 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As a side note regarding laundry. On our Quebec City excursion, we were talking to a couple that were Elites and they mentioned they got a letter stating that due to the number of (Elite) passengers on this cruise, they should expect their laundry to be returned within 72 hours.

We had heard on a prior cruise that suite guests’ laundry takes priority over Elite laundry. Not sure how true that is, but we put a full bag (41 pieces) in yesterday morning and got them back this evening after we left for dinner.

If there are any Elite members following this thread that have sent their laundry in on this specific cruise, if I might ask what has your experience been so far? The reason I’m asking is because we’ll be Elite after this cruise, so we’re just curious if the suite passengers do actually get priority or is it just more of a submission timing thing?

We were in a Reserve mini - we did laundry 3 times, got them back in 2 days once, next day twice.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ken!  I have been following along as we are on this cruise.  We are also in a suite and just recently reached elite level.  Our experience in our past two suite experiences is that we received our laundry back the same day or the next morning depending when we turned it in.  So yes, I do believe we have priority over elite.  We really enjoyed the suite cocktail hour this evening before dinner.  We are avoiding the theater for health reasons but AJ in Club Fusion tonight was awesome. 

• Like 3

Hi Ken, we’re also on the cruise with you. We’re suite/Elite, turned in our laundry the same day you did and haven’t gotten it back yet.  We expect to get it back today. I agree, the CP is in good shape. The food and the crew has been fantastic so far. 
I’ve been following you since you started this thread  and am enjoying all your posts. Your photos from Montreal matched mine exactly. 😀

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unfortunately, I’m not good with names. The first two nights we had two wonderful lady servers and one gentleman head server, and tonight we had three very attentive gentleman servers. However, tomorrow we’re going to ask to be put back in the section with the two lady servers and the one gentleman head server.

Sorry, for not remembering their names.

How about the bartenders in Vines?

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

Thanks for your great thread.  I cancelled, sorry I'm not there.  Weather looks threatening but I'm sure everyone will make the best of it.  Enjoy Halifax, a great port, I've been there several times!

Thanks! The weather with regards to rain isn’t too bad, just windy with some moderate swales which keep us holding onto the rails as we walk up and down the stairs. Also, since we’re only cruising along at 13 knots, I think the Captain is taking his time as the winds should blow out of our path by this evening to make way for a calmer arrival once we start to approach Halifax for an early arrival tomorrow morning.

Here’s our current location.

IMG_3743.thumb.jpeg.5fefcbbf4c6152235b905a225cf5ee52.jpeg

Here's the wave forecast for the open water area in the North Atlantic we’re approaching which appears to be around 4-5 meters in places.

IMG_3742.thumb.jpeg.a093b6210d4881f50167a265f2cef693.jpeg

Here is what the seas look like outside right now. But I’m sure they’ll get a little rougher in a few hours once we get out into the open waters.

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.fec2d61f07db691c88bd14305c47d143.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The CB holds about 3500 passengers.  There are 2463 onboard this voyage.

400 Blue

474 Gold

299 Ruby

741 Platinum

549 Elite

Suite check box Express laundry…turn in by 9 AM returned after dinner same day.

Last night was the nosiest I’ve experience in quite a while.  Stabilizers were working very hard below me. 

Suite cocktail hour/Meet and Greet officers was very nice.  A new perk since there is no concierge lounge on Grand/GEM class ships.  Malory is our concierge.

JP from corporate (not JP, the president) is back onboard again.  There are 3 JPs at Princess. 

No pigeons that I can find as stowaways.  

@KenTheCruiser Been trying to locate you.  Please stop by corner window round table at the opposite of lady servers in MDR.  Or  window round table in Sabatini’s at breakfast.  Thanks. 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The CB holds about 3500 passengers.  There are 2463 onboard this voyage.

400 Blue

474 Gold

299 Ruby

741 Platinum

549 Elite

Suite check box Express laundry…turn in by 9 AM returned after dinner same day.

Last night was the nosiest I’ve experience in quite a while.  Stabilizers were working very hard below me. 

Suite cocktail hour/Meet and Greet officers was very nice.  A new perk since there is no concierge lounge on Grand/GEM class ships.  Malory is our concierge.

JP from corporate (not JP, the president) is back onboard again.  There are 3 JPs at Princess. 

No pigeons that I can find as stowaways.  

@KenTheCruiser Been trying to locate you.  Please stop by corner window round table at the opposite of lady servers in MDR.  Or  window round table in Sabatini’s at breakfast.  Thanks. 

LOL! We ate at the corner round table by the window in Sabatini's this morning at around 9:45 am, but of course you had already left. I have a few minutes right now, as my DW is playing a game with our daughters. Where would you like to meet?

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

LOL! We ate at the corner round table by the window in Sabatini's this morning at around 9:45 am, but of course you had already left. I have a few minutes right now, as my DW is playing a game with our daughters. Where would you like to meet?

Headed for lunch at noon.  Join me for lunch in the corner?

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Headed for lunch at noon.  Join me for lunch in the corner?

Sorry, we’ll probably be eating lunch with our daughters. But if you see us down there in the Reserve dining room, I’m wearing shorts and a gray, white, and pink polo shirt. Please stop by and say hi. I’ll also be the one wearing glasses! 😂

• Like 1

The Captain just spoke over the loudspeaker, to include in the cabins, confirming what I saw from looking at Windy. We will be in a Gale Force wind warning from 3-7 pm with 5-7 meter swales starting around 1:30 pm or so once we get into the open ocean. Should be “fun” these next 5 hours or so. It will also be interesting to see if the production show Bravo will happen tonight. 🤔

• Like 1