Make sure your luggage floats

bitob

9 hours ago, az85331 said:

And FYI: we did not pack jewelry nor money in those suitcases.  And I never mentioned having those "valuables" inside.  Missing salvo!

You did nothing wrong

Don't let anyone even suggest otherwise

Ignore insensitive comments.

15 hours ago, az85331 said:

expensive prescription medication, some irreplaceable family memorabilia, one piece of art (painting), 

It's unfortunate that you weren't able to carry these items yourselves but they are clearly valuables to you.

I hope some things survive and you are able to move on from this accident. 

• Like 1

My one recovered bag is arriving tomorrow

My airtag is more accurate than FedEx with respect to location of the bag

no idea about second bag. My ta going to see if he can learn anything tomorrow 

this was so easy to administer

Cunard had a list of lost bags and claimants

Only  20 cabins

the list included color brand size email phone home address

Once  divers done call each claimant and tell them if bag was recovered and provide tracking number for delivery

if bag not recovered let us know!!! 

I'm still waiting for a call

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, NE John said:

Do you know who paid for the cost of the divers?

No idea. Ultimately I imagine the port authority will foot the bill even if Cunard paid up front to expedite the recovery

I’m sure there is insurance 

when I tell you there is no information about anything I am not exaggerating 

Edited by bitob

51 minutes ago, bitob said:

No idea. Ultimately I imagine the port authority will foot the bill even if Cunard paid up front to expedite the recovery

I’m sure there is insurance 

when I tell you there is no information about anything I am not exaggerating 

Again. Good luck. 

Some Updates from Germany. My Cunard rep called me and told me that they have no idea where the bag is which was saved out of the river. I have given them the telephone number from the port agent who called me after the incident. Cunard was not able to call them… Last Friday I was so frustrated that I sent a WhatsApp to that number asking for my bag. And guess what happened. She answered, telling me that my bag will be sent with QM2 that day back to UK. She also provided a picture from the bag.  In that conversation she also mentioned that she thinks they are not longer searching for missed bags.

I have sent that conversation and the picture to my Cunard rep and told her to pick up my bag and arrange the shipping to Germany. Lets see what is happening.

I am also curious to hear from you bitob in what condition your clothes are when you get your bag.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BK1965 said:

Some Updates from Germany. My Cunard rep called me and told me that they have no idea where the bag is which was saved out of the river. I have given them the telephone number from the port agent who called me after the incident. Cunard was not able to call them… Last Friday I was so frustrated that I sent a WhatsApp to that number asking for my bag. And guess what happened. She answered, telling me that my bag will be sent with QM2 that day back to UK. She also provided a picture from the bag.  In that conversation she also mentioned that she thinks they are not longer searching for missed bags.

I have sent that conversation and the picture to my Cunard rep and told her to pick up my bag and arrange the shipping to Germany. Lets see what is happening.

I am also curious to hear from you bitob in what condition your clothes are when you get your bag.

Congrats on finding your bag. 
amazing that Cunard could not find it

can u post the number you called for port agent. Maybe I can find my missing bag

6 hours ago, bitob said:

Thx. I tried other numbers. Every mailbox full

I've been following your Suitcase Saga. With your persistence you done very good despite the lack of direct response. Hoping your other one shows up and that the one you are expecting will not be fully water damaged or mildewed.

Elliott.org has a listing on their communications:.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/cunard/

They list a VP of customer service located in CA along with an email address but no phone number for her.

Edited by YoHoHo

5 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

I've been following your Suitcase Saga. With your persistence you done very good despite the lack of direct response. Hoping your other one shows up and that the one you are expecting will not be fully water damaged or mildewed.

Elliott.org has a listing on their communications:.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/cunard/

They list a VP of customer service located in CA along with an email address but no phone number for her.

Thx. I’m going to try a few numbers today

8 hours ago, bitob said:

Numbers wrong or no answer or voice mail is not set up or full

cant make this up

The situation is truly disappointing. I can’t imagine how upset I would be if I was in your situation. Cunard certainly should have provided a specific person as a contact for all affected passengers. This would not be difficult and certainly would have shown appropriate customer service. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chart Room Princess said:

The situation is truly disappointing. I can’t imagine how upset I would be if I was in your situation. Cunard certainly should have provided a specific person as a contact for all affected passengers. This would not be difficult and certainly would have shown appropriate customer service. 

Yes. Easy to handle. Shame on Cunard 

Today we've received by Fedex truck our two large suitcases.  Outside they were dry with some stains and rust, etc.  Inside mildly wet with some mildew.  Some clothes had stains of different color (probably from one to another).  Almost everything is total loss, although few items survived but dirty.  A gift package of cognac, for example: all outside package - complete garbage, but the glass bottle inside seems to be OK after I washed it.   Some hard souvenirs also survived after good wash.  But all shoes, suites, dresses, blouses, etc. - is just an unsightly junk.

Overall everything is so bad that we did not even dare to bring them insight our home - we'll keep them for a while in our garage while we sort them out, taking pictures and assembling a list.

I tried to contact Cunard (actually Princess) insurance for instructions on how to proceed with our claim and for how long should we keep all this junk.  For health reasons we do not want to keep them for too long.

I used both: the telephone number and e-mail of the insurance agent assigned to us.  And guess what - no response at all.  A couple of weeks ago they've acknowledged the incident and told us that they are working on it and will notify us after finishing their investigation.  Not a single word since.  They did not even give us our claim number.  Really shameful handling of the whole incident, in our opinion!

• Like 3

I have been following this saga since New York is my home port. I am so sorry for your losses, this has been a nightmare to read so I can't imagine living it. From now on, I'm boarding with a rollerboard separate from my luggage with my finer shoes and the one irreplaceable dress. I tend to carry jewelry and meds on my person already. What a wakeup call this was. Please keep us posted on whether or not Cunard made it right overall. Again, I am so sorry for your troubles. This would have upset me beyond belief. I travel for weeks at a time and I have things that are precious to me.

I have one bag 

it is outside drying

no idea of condition of items

i I am not home until saturday

there are no instructions for filing a claim

I've asked my ta who has all the connections at Cunard to find out the procedure 

I finally got a good contact at the port who is trying to see if my other bag ever surfaced and is in storage somewhere 

still no contact from Cunard 

disgraceful

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

@az85331, this is disappointing, but not surprising given how long the items had been wet. Smart move, not taking the suitcases into the house. 

Was the insurance you mentioned your travel insurance bought through Cunard, or their liability insurance?

This is the Cunard liability insurance their own Customer Service rep. specifically referred us to file a claim.  And their insurance just ignores us!!!

At last I know what happened to my luggage.  Docked in Brooklyn after wonder trip on QM2 from Southampton.  Was in queens grill so early disembarkation .  Only two of my three pieces of luggage were available,  Had an appointment so had to leave (driver barely got out of port area due to rain).  Filled out lost luggage notice.  Multiple emails and phone calls, nothing from Cunard.  At least I now, know what happened to missing piece.  Anyone hear anything from Cunard,  feel free to reach out at taburns97210@g**m.c**

• Like 2