Cheers Pricing

Colive18

Hi guys! I was just looking at Cheers and it told me the price is rising soon. so I quickly added it to all 5 of my sailings. 

Does anyone know when the price of the Cheers package will go up? 

thanks!! 

22 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

Hi guys! I was just looking at Cheers and it told me the price is rising soon. so I quickly added it to all 5 of my sailings. 

Does anyone know when the price of the Cheers package will go up? 

thanks!! 

If it's not posted, who would know?

Just now, VentureMan_2000 said:

Folks who have booked cruises of 5 days or less received an email explaining that the Cheers price is going up $10 a day for cruises 5 days or less.  The new price starts October 9, 2023.

Thank you for your helpful answer!! 🙂 

Just now, bmarts said:

It's increasing by 10 per person per day if you book ahead of time. Was $59 per person per day so going up to $69 per person per day. Getting ridiculous 

Go buy 5 drinks in a nice bar.  That's about 75 dollars..  

• Like 1

Just now, highSeas22 said:

Go buy 5 drinks in a nice bar.  That's about 75 dollars..  

haha! Truth.  crap it’s more like 3 drinks where I’m from! I’m not mad at the price change at all. I get it, it happens

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Cruises that are 5 days or less of fondly referred to as Booze Cruises... so makes sense for Carnival to increase the price on these sailings.

Some people call them vacations 

2 hours ago, bmarts said:

Makes sense. Especially since alcohol is the lone category that hasn't been affected by inflation but let's go ahead and charge us more just because they can. 

Yep.  That's kind of the way business works.   

Economics 101 - this purchase is considered to be inelastic because people will continue to buy despite a price increase. Similar to govts and excise taxes - governments will increase the percentage of the excise tax on products that consumers will continue to buy despite the increase - cigarettes, alcohol, gasoline, etc.

I've been on almost 50 Carnival cruises and never purchased the Cheers package, it's way overpriced (and I like to drink). I was just looking at the pricing before it goes up, $707 for 5 days, not a good deal; that's more than I spent on the cruise. I prefer the Vineyards package.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

I've been on almost 50 Carnival cruises and never purchased the Cheers package, it's way overpriced (and I like to drink). I was just looking at the pricing before it goes up, $707 for 5 days, not a good deal; that's more than I spent on the cruise. I prefer the Vineyards package.

Where do you get the $707 for a 5 day? I spent $340 for a 5 day a month ago. Was well worth it with everything you get outside of just the booze. Had a handful of $19 shots and would have spent over $1000 easily without Cheers. 15 Drinks X @$12 an alcoholic drink would be $900. So it is a good deal...

21 minutes ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Just got the email today about cheers increasing, right after learning Carnival made 1 billion dollars profit!  Really?!

If it makes you feel better, they are still 20+ billion in the hole.  Does that help?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Where do you get the $707 for a 5 day? I spent $340 for a 5 day a month ago. Was well worth it with everything you get outside of just the booze. Had a handful of $19 shots and would have spent over $1000 easily without Cheers. 15 Drinks X @$12 an alcoholic drink would be $900. So it is a good deal...

Let's do the Math...  I like doing the Math...

Assuming two people in the stateroom...

$59.95 x 2 = $119.90

$119.90 x 0.18 = $21.58   ( Gratuity )

$119.90 + 21.58 = $141.48

$141.48 x 5 = $707.40

Edited by VentureMan_2000
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

As I read Carnival's press release, the price was increasing by $5 per day, not $10.  It was confusingly written, so I could well be reading too much, or too little, into it.  

Either way, lock in those drink packages sooooon.  

• Like 2