Bidding up question

Hi, been cruising Royal for years and never thought of doing a bid up (for some strange reason)...I searched other questions but didn't see these 2.  What factors into your bid?  does  your crown and anchor status mean anything or the type of cabin you have already paid for?  never thought to bid up (I know I need to read these boards more!) TIA

20 minutes ago, Michele035 said:

does  your crown and anchor status mean anything or the type of cabin you have already paid for?

No.

Yes. Someone trying to upgrade from an interior to an ov balcony will have to bid quite a bit more than say someone trying to move up from a neighborhood balcony.

3 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

Can you bid on more than one upgrade at a time - for example - if in inside cabin - could you bid on a balcony cabin AND a suite - hoping ONE of the two would work out?  Or can you only bid on one?

People are typically offered the opportunity to bid on more than one category of cabin.  For example, a person in an inside cabin might be offered the opportunity to bid on promenade view cabin, virtual balcony cabin, spacious inside cabin, oceanview cabin, spacious oceanview cabin, neighborhood balcony cabin and oceanview balcony cabin.  They can bid on all, some or none.  A person booked in an inside cabin is unlikely to find suites on their lists of bidding opportunities at this time.

• Like 2

I was offered 5 categories/cabin types for my Royal Up. I’m in a Grand Suite now…GS 2 bedroom started at $260pp.  I didn’t want to wait and not get a Royal up bid accepted so I paid dearly for my GS in December.  There were only 4 GS available two days before final payment so I just upgraded from OV balcony.  Funny the Junior Suite was more cost than the GS I picked.

I have a November cruise coming up on one of the older ships, currently in a jr suite. I was given the chance to bid on a 1-bedroom grand suite, 2- bedroom grand suite, owner suite and the royal suite. We’ve bid on the lower three. Didn’t even try for the royal suite because it was too much money.  I can’t see any suites available on the site so I’m thinking next to zero chance of upgrading. I’ll keep you posted. 

• Like 1