SINGAPORE, SYDNEY & AUCKLAND TRANSPORT HELP

Table 6 UK

Hi Everybody

First of all let me say many thanks to everyone that gave us your help on our "things to do" post a couple of weeks back - much appreciated.   

Can you help us again please ?

Your suggestions for return transport (uber/taxi - shuttle or transfer) from the three airports we will be using :-

Singapore Changi to the Clarke quay area         Sydney Kingsford to the Rocks area        Auckland International to the central Queen street area

Open to your ideas !

Many thanks

Kevan & Alison

9 hours ago, Table 6 UK said:

Hi Everybody

First of all let me say many thanks to everyone that gave us your help on our "things to do" post a couple of weeks back - much appreciated.   

Your suggestions for return transport (uber/taxi - shuttle or transfer) from the three airports we will be using :-

Singapore Changi to the Clarke quay area         Sydney Kingsford to the Rocks area        Auckland International to the central Queen street area

Open to your ideas !

Many thanks

Kevan & Alison

I have always just used a taxi. In Sydney you could use the train but with luggage and 2 of you, it would not save much and is easier.

No need to pre book and don't think of using a shuttle. There is signage and you will be directed to an awaiting cab.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Table 6 UK said:

Hi Everybody

Open to your ideas !

Many thanks

Kevan & Alison

Taxis in Singapore are plentiful and quite cheap. I would use taxis unless you prefer Uber in all three cities. We have used the train in Sydney, but it really depends where your hotel is in the Rocks area, as it is hilly. We stayed near Clark Quay in Singapore and it was easy to find taxis. We used the buses there too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

I would use taxis unless you prefer Uber in all three cities.

I agree with using taxi In Singapore.

Uber hasn't operated in Singapore since 2018 as they sold their business interest there to Grab. I have that App but haven't used it for a few years.

https://abackpackersworld.com/uber-in-singapore/#:~:text=exist in Singapore%3F-,Uber does not operate in Singapore.,popular option in the region.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I agree with using taxi In Singapore.

Uber hasn't operated in Singapore since 2018 as they sold their business interest there to Grab. I have that App but haven't used it for a few years.

https://abackpackersworld.com/uber-in-singapore/#:~:text=exist in Singapore%3F-,Uber does not operate in Singapore.,popular option in the region.

Thats good to know - thanks for that info

On 10/4/2023 at 8:20 PM, Table 6 UK said:

Auckland International to the central Queen street area

Depends on budget.   Cheaper option could be Skydrive in Auckland.   Only NZ $12.50 each if you are a senior, otherwise NZ $18.00 each.    Taxi/uber if you are not worried about budget.   https://www.skydrive.co.nz/

On 10/4/2023 at 11:30 PM, frantic36 said:

Even when Uber was in Singapore, I never had good experiences. Tried it a few times and always went back to taxis.