New Zealand Visa - what did I do wrong?

mrstmaxx96

If there is a separate forum for VISAs please advise but I could not find one.   I applied using the app on my phone for both Australia and New Zealand.  Pretty easy to use.   Both were approved within 24 hours.  The problem is that for New Zealand it says I can now arrive through Auckland International airport😵  I have no idea what I did wrong.  I've DM'd them but have not heard back.  I have plenty of time to fix this but I have no idea what to do.  If anyone knows what I did wrong I'd appreciate know so I can start over.   Thank you so much.

My first thought is you selected ‘in transit’ instead of regular multi visit? Since the costs is not really a huge amount, you might want to reapply for regular ETA. Not sure since you have what sounds like a ‘in transit’ ETA, if it will cause issues?

There are 3 flavors of visas in NZ - assuming you are American or Canadian etc. - 2 ETAs.  One is for transiting from one airline flight to another at the airport. (for example arrive at Auckland airport) The other is for tourism.

Think you simply booked the wrong one.  Only way to fix is go back and buy the correct one.

Thank you so much!!  We’re going on a world cruise in January from LA - we’re American- I think I might have selected in transit.   I’ll pay better attention when I request the new ones.  Again thank you both so much!!!

There is a forum here for OZ and Kiwi cruisers, much further down the main boards page.  Folks there might be able to help you.  Also, very likely there is a Roll Call for your cruise and folks there might be able to help you with the visa.  EM

13 hours ago, JSandage said:

We're on the Majestic Princess in Feb 2024 leaving out of Sydney. We do have a 2 hour layover in Auckland NZ before we get to Sydney. I got our ETA's for Australia, do I need something for NZ too? 

It depends on your nationality.

Read this page and the "Transit Visa Waiver Countries" link near the bottom of this page: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/preparing-a-visa-application/your-journey-to-new-zealand/before-you-travel-to-new-zealand/transit-passengers

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 8:14 AM, fruitmachine said:

It depends on your nationality.

Read this page and the "Transit Visa Waiver Countries" link near the bottom of this page: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/preparing-a-visa-application/your-journey-to-new-zealand/before-you-travel-to-new-zealand/transit-passengers

Just downloaded the NZ app and have our applications completed, waiting for approval email but it was super easy. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1