Great News (I think)

candy4040

Received an e-mail from Princess cancelling our February 2025 7-day cruise out of Galveston.  This is the first full suite we have ever booked.  Good news is that they rebooked us for a February 11 day cruise out of Galveston on the same ship (the Regal) AT NO EXTRA COST.  So, I had really gotten a great deal on the 7-day cruise and had purchased the plus package.  I decided to reserve a full suite as a treat for my husband and two adult children.  So, we have an 11-day cruise with plus in a full suite for 4 people at &7,000.  Still have to purchase air fare but I'm okay with that.    

• Like 8

Original date of cruise was February 2.  Now January 29.  According to e-mail it was due to "deployment changes."  Not really sure what that means.  I don't even know what the new itinerary is and really don't care what it is since I'm primarily on board for the ship experience.  I'm from Minnesota and just want the sun and warmth.

• Like 3

We also received an Email from Princess a few days ago, changing our 7 day trip on Feb 17/25 to a 6 day trip instead. Stated reason was "... unexpected cruise pier congestion in Galveston"  No mention in the Email of a re-faring for the missed day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

Original date of cruise was February 2.  Now January 29.  According to e-mail it was due to "deployment changes."  Not really sure what that means.  I don't even know what the new itinerary is and really don't care what it is since I'm primarily on board for the ship experience.  I'm from Minnesota and just want the sun and warmth.

I'm curious because we're on the repositioning cruise on the Regal on March 23 of 2025 (only the FLL leg) and was wondering if there would be a series of cascading changes.

Looking at the website, the Regal is only available for seven day cruises on January 5, 12 and February 9 in 2025 plus the repo cruise on March 23. Lots of holes in the calendar there.

EDIT: And as I look again, there are now seven day cruises on 2/17and 2/23.

Possibly they're still getting all the affected passengers situated with revised bookings before they release the new dates and itineraries to the general public.

Edited by beg3yrs

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

I'm curious because we're on the repositioning cruise on the Regal on March 23 of 2025 (only the FLL leg) and was wondering if there would be a series of cascading changes.

Looking at the website, the Regal is only available for seven day cruises on January 5, 12 and February 9 in 2025 plus the repo cruise on March 23. Lots of holes in the calendar there.

EDIT: And as I look again, there are now seven day cruises on 2/17and 2/23.

Possibly they're still getting all the affected passengers situated with revised bookings before they release the new dates and itineraries to the general public.

Not sure whether Princess's various departments are talking to each on this. The Email we received stated that our original 7 day trip out of Galveston originally scheduled to depart Feb 16/25 has been changed to a SIX day trip departing one day later, Feb 17/25.