FatBoy20

Saga pre-registration has improved from the early days, at least now there is an itinerary.

In the very early days, nothing was received in advance of the telephone call - the poor call operator had to go through every cruise listing the dates and all the destinations for each.

Then they started sending out pre-advice, which simply listed the cruise title, the ship, sailing date and number of nights. No details of the ports, so again the call operator had to recite all the ports of call to you.

As you can imagine, the call took ages, and often resulted in being so befuddled that you booked a cruise that was not actually the one you meant to book.

Then they started posting brochures, with all the details except the price.

Now they simply email a link to the brochures, which you have to either read on screen, or cut and paste in order to print out.

But still - they do not put any price.

Most of us realise that the further back in the queue you are, the more likely that the max discount has reduced by the time you book (exactly the same as using the main brochure).

So why not include a price, the full price and the 35% reduced price, so we can at least discount those cruises that are more than we are prepared to pay.

Saga sometimes work in mysterious ways.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nosapphire said:

Saga pre-registration has improved from the early days, at least now there is an itinerary.

In the very early days, nothing was received in advance of the telephone call - the poor call operator had to go through every cruise listing the dates and all the destinations for each.

Then they started sending out pre-advice, which simply listed the cruise title, the ship, sailing date and number of nights. No details of the ports, so again the call operator had to recite all the ports of call to you.

As you can imagine, the call took ages, and often resulted in being so befuddled that you booked a cruise that was not actually the one you meant to book.

Then they started posting brochures, with all the details except the price.

Now they simply email a link to the brochures, which you have to either read on screen, or cut and paste in order to print out.

But still - they do not put any price.

Most of us realise that the further back in the queue you are, the more likely that the max discount has reduced by the time you book (exactly the same as using the main brochure).

So why not include a price, the full price and the 35% reduced price, so we can at least discount those cruises that are more than we are prepared to pay.

Saga sometimes work in mysterious ways.

This time there is just a link to a webpage, where previously there was a downloadable pdf brochure.

Edited by Denarius

13 hours ago, david05 said:

5 January SOA Canary Island Hopping 15 nights
6 January SOD Caribbean and Central America Discovery 49 nights
20 January SOA Legends of the Eastern Mediterranean 24 nights
13 February SOA Casablanca and the Canaries 15 nights
24 February SOD Norway and the Northern Lights 16 nights
28 February SOA Croatia and the Treasures of the Adriatic 22 nights
12 March SOD Springtime in the Canaries 14 nights
22 March SOA Portugal and the Tropical Azores 14 nights
26 March SOD The Western Mediterranean and Italian Riviera 18 nights 

There was no easy way to copy directly across from the Saga website so any errors are mine but I accept no responsibility for them!

Try this link

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/ocean/2025-cruise-season/advance-reg-2025.aspx?pid=&ctiq=44017344&ecti=MK6qHuH46gvVe6CVzbReNA%3D%3D&scid=eml-t|trv|cruise|operations|NHE-SC6784|control|20231010|body|button&dcid=DM244320&bid=769285184

PS It is important to know that you cannot book these cruises by ringing Saga. They will ring you if you have made an advance registration, otherwise you have to wait until they go on general sale.

Edited by Denarius
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

Got my call yesterday. Booked Canaries on SofA departing 5/1/25. 35% discount.

We eventually got the new itineraries after a phone call to them and this is the cruise we want but we’ve got to wait our turn, can I ask when you pre registered to give us some idea where they’re up to, we pre registered in April. 

30 minutes ago, Mollag said:

We eventually got the new itineraries after a phone call to them and this is the cruise we want but we’ve got to wait our turn, can I ask when you pre registered to give us some idea where they’re up to, we pre registered in April. 

I registered in March (2023) so you should hear fairly soon.

Weve pre -registered for summer 25 on board in May 2022 , but more likely will want winter 2025. If  when they phone us  probably next year and we ask move to winter 2025 will our order in queue still be based on May 2022 pre-registration

Edited by Windsurfboy

58 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Weve pre -registered for summer 25 on board in May 2022 , but more likely will want winter 2025. If  when they phone us  probably next year and we ask move to winter 2025 will our order in queue still be based on May 2022 pre-registration

If you want 2026 ring Saga now & change to Jan-April 2026 & you will be well up the list.

On 10/12/2023 at 7:19 PM, arlowood said:

Unless you have pre-registered for that particular segment of 2025 (Jan to March or April 2025) you will not see the full list of available cruises until Saga has gone through the process of calling all the people that have pre-registered to give them the option of bagging the best discounts.

They will then open the booking to the general populace.

Could be 2 -4 weeks from now at a rough guess.

In the past some kid souls who have pre-registered have posted a summary of the planned itineraries. But there will be no prices available at this stage so you can be into educated guess territory by comparing costs this year for an equivalent cruise and adding a bit for inflation

Britannia members receive the brochure before going on general sale 

On 10/19/2023 at 8:08 PM, david05 said:

They are now towards the end of September so should be on general sale shortly.

They haven’t appeared on the website yet - I keep checking!  
We have pre-registered for Summer 2025, so I hope Saga will send out details of those itineraries soon.

• Like 2

Currently Saga are still inviting people to sign up for the Winter 2025 cruises.

When they think they have exhausted the pool of possible pre-registrations/sign-up-for-information, they will go on general sale.

Doubt that the remainder of 2025 will be that soon.

It will follow the same procedure - there will be invites to pre-register on-line, sent to people on the Saga mailing list, and probably flyers in some newspapers.

Then there will be the "will go on sale soon" notices, reminding people that early bookers get the best discounts to encourage miore people to sign up.

Like you, I am also waiting to see what comes up, but I am used to the fact that Saga release their itineraries late in comparison with other lines.

Or, to put it another way - other lines release their itineraries early in comparison with Saga.

There is a thread on the P&O website with many people amazed about the idea of booking a cruise more than a year in advance, so maybe Saga have the righ approach for many people. Release too early and many people will be uncertain about committing so far in advance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Currently Saga are still inviting people to sign up for the Winter 2025 cruises.

When they think they have exhausted the pool of possible pre-registrations/sign-up-for-information, they will go on general sale.

Doubt that the remainder of 2025 will be that soon.

It will follow the same procedure - there will be invites to pre-register on-line, sent to people on the Saga mailing list, and probably flyers in some newspapers.

Then there will be the "will go on sale soon" notices, reminding people that early bookers get the best discounts to encourage miore people to sign up.

Like you, I am also waiting to see what comes up, but I am used to the fact that Saga release their itineraries late in comparison with other lines.

Or, to put it another way - other lines release their itineraries early in comparison with Saga.

There is a thread on the P&O website with many people amazed about the idea of booking a cruise more than a year in advance, so maybe Saga have the righ approach for many people. Release too early and many people will be uncertain about committing so far in advance.

At the moment Saga are 2 months ahead of last years release dates (Jan to March 2024 was Jan 2023 release).

• Like 1

I pre-registered and received Summer 2024 itineraries on 28th February 2023.  So if Saga are 2 months ahead this time, perhaps Summer 2025 itineraries will be released before Christmas.  We do like to book early, and are interested in a couple of 2025 itineraries with other cruise lines, but we want to see what Saga offers first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LandC said:

I pre-registered and received Summer 2024 itineraries on 28th February 2023.  So if Saga are 2 months ahead this time, perhaps Summer 2025 itineraries will be released before Christmas.  We do like to book early, and are interested in a couple of 2025 itineraries with other cruise lines, but we want to see what Saga offers first.

I too am hoping that they maintain the time frame for the 2025 summer pre-registration release.

Before Christmas would be fantastic but any time during January would also suit. As you noted the Summer 2024 release was late February 2023 and by the time they reached our slot in the pre-registration queue, we were enjoying a postprandial drink in our hotel in Paphos. It did create some mild panic but we managed to get our booking choice done with the maximum discount. I suppoose I could have asked for a call back once we were back home in the UK but obviously there would be no guarantee that the cabins/discount would still be available.

We are booked again for 2 weeks in Cyprus in late February and I would prefer to avoid a repeat of last years' experience

• Like 1