7 day menu

MaiTaiMary

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

On my last five cruises, I have yet to see any of the Specialty Restaurants at capacity.  In fact ,most were around 50% which means switching should be easy. 

We questioned why we weren’t able to “walk in” when we saw many empty tables and were told that some tables weren’t being used because there was no one to staff them.

@badtwinYou can change your specialty dining reservations.  Just cancel and rebook.  

Edited by 0106
  • Like 1

We are 193 days (and a few hours and minutes) out from our next cruise and navigator is showing "Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner). 

So who knows how far out the menus will show!

P.S. i was surprised at how seamlessly the app switched to the next cruise on completion of the last cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I wonder how that is going to work with the 10-day Canaletto specials that Roger posted elsewhere. I suppose I can always try to switch if Scallops end up on a Chops night!

I believe that it will not make a difference to Canaletto and it is more to do with the sequence of 'Dressy' nights which will affect the running order of menus in MDR.

6 hours ago, kelliebiz said:

I saw that Thanksgiving menu today and thought, what the heck? Then I remembered Canada Thanksgiving, silly me 😊

Does anyone know if there’s a way to know in advance if there would be a pop up takeover of the Pinnacle Grill to serve food of another restaurant? Not till April, but I Would love to see a Tamarind takeover on the Volendam, yum

I don't know if this is a sure thing, but on our spring Rotterdam cruise, there's one night when you cannot book Tamarind. I'm guessing that it'll be a Morimoto pop up night. You may want to check for "holes" in the schedule. (Except Canaletto on the first day. That looks like it's typically closed.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 0106 said:

We questioned why we weren’t able to “walk in” when we saw many empty tables and were told that some tables weren’t being used because there was no one to staff them.

That makes sense. On a recent Nieuw Statendam cruise, we had a Canaletto rez for 6pm one night and were called and asked to change it to 7pm because "diners were lingering longer than expected" (at least that's what I got out of the conversation). We switched and were called back half an hour later, asking us to switch to 7:30 or 8pm. We declined that request because it was a little bit late for us. When we arrived at 7pm, expecting to wait a bit, we were seated immediately and there were many empty tables the entire time we were in the restaurant. As you mention, staffing was the likely reason, although service was excellent.

5 hours ago, POA1 said:

I don't know if this is a sure thing, but on our spring Rotterdam cruise, there's one night when you cannot book Tamarind. I'm guessing that it'll be a Morimoto pop up night. You may want to check for "holes" in the schedule. (Except Canaletto on the first day. That looks like it's typically closed.)

Thanks! The Volendam doesn’t have a Tamarind restaurant at all, so I am crossing my fingers that they’ll “pop up” at least one night. 

1 hour ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

When I tried downloading the dinner menu for Nieuw Amsterdam it gave me a late night lido buffet menu instead.

I am currently onboard and was really frustrated as well.  It is fixed now.

Edited by Crew News