LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Those bridges in Venice were what convinced us to do COO.  Ten years ago.  EM

Oh I wouldn’t want to drag anything bigger than COO over those bridges. Just emphasizing that it’s difficult even with COO.! Getting off the vaperetto today a woman to a tumble with her luggage. Not good.

When I was in Venice in May, I had a 25 inch bag & backpack.  We stayed near Piazzale Roma and only one bridge to deal with.  That experience is my motivation for COO next time 😄

You mentioned that your last train segment was a regional train. Did you have to make a change? 

I'm just starting to research the train from Rome to Venice and thought the Frecciarrosa trains were direct to  S Lucia station?  I'm finding the Trenitalia website a little confusing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SkipsMom said:

When I was in Venice in May, I had a 25 inch bag & backpack.  We stayed near Piazzale Roma and only one bridge to deal with.  That experience is my motivation for COO next time 😄

You mentioned that your last train segment was a regional train. Did you have to make a change? 

I'm just starting to research the train from Rome to Venice and thought the Frecciarrosa trains were direct to  S Lucia station?  I'm finding the Trenitalia website a little confusing.

Yes we had a change to a regional for the second half. Seats aren’t assigned so get to your connection asap for seats and luggage space. I’ll let you know how my pre booked tickets work out tomorrow 👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SkipsMom said:

We always get a direct , i think this year we had to do tentitalia   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkipsMom said:

Also we solved the bridge / luggage. Issue.   We book a hotel with a dock !  Private water taxi.   Live large! 

• Like 4

On our way to Florence!! We made our way back over 3 bridges (felt like 14 bridges yesterday) and got to the train station. I had purchased tickets from home, then self check in, then showed the conductor my QR code. I had selected seats which you need to for La Freccia trains. We loved Venice and are looking forward to spending more time there❣️IMG_2550.thumb.jpeg.31576f45c682ac9cc97a9ffa33ef1d1d.jpegIMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.adc1211a2f89a1b8a9507fd478cde7df.jpegIMG_2558.thumb.jpeg.75d43ba606a2243a3f812d0026116e7f.jpeg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, carsastic said:

Also we solved the bridge / luggage. Issue.   We book a hotel with a dock !  Private water taxi.   Live large! 

Same - we used hotel Canal Grande.  Smartest thing we ever did.  And they transported us to the NCL dock also.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

When they called intermission, we looked at each other. We had been enjoying it but nodding off intermittently. We snuck out and made our way home, seeing one of Intrepid’s favorite restaurants.IMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.7c0eeef9447d4486cf9c4771759e9d01.jpegIMG_2548.thumb.jpeg.935ff821d2118e89e52d2893f9781dec.jpeg

Just say YES YES to NoNo!  Did you have the bowl of clams in broth? Pizze?  Do tell!

• Like 2

Walked to the Accademia Gallery. We had tickets with a 2:00-2:15 entry time and thank goodness I took care of that. There was a super long line but we walked through in five minutes. Walked around David (that boy has big hands), checked out more art and then we were hangry. So we stopped at a sidewalk cafe. Yum!!IMG_2570.thumb.jpeg.dfa65b7c01f8b44e64db975a1a343aea.jpegIMG_2574.thumb.jpeg.c9f8ed8edf1ce77a057cb268e72a2438.jpegIMG_2577.thumb.jpeg.060d94ac0dade9682744b621104c0f99.jpegIMG_2578.thumb.jpeg.cc3ba6fb163d06784629bfcacd392523.jpegIMG_2580.thumb.jpeg.1a133fda95f595be7014d3a8ae82d855.jpegIMG_2581.thumb.jpeg.87c4b4a57e815e5bb1ac4d9f887ec1bc.jpegIMG_5393.thumb.jpeg.5fc2eabbcb5ec2c8600fa3994aca6876.jpeg

• Like 10