Transfers Amsterdam to Rotterdam

MCC_50

Recently booked a cruise on Celebrity where we fly into Amsterdam but the ship leaves out of Rotterdam.  Just wondering what transportation options people would recommend?  I am seeing transfers of 150 dollars per person.  Seems pretty high to me.  

suggestions?

Thank you in Advance,

Mark

On 10/11/2023 at 2:41 AM, MCC_50 said:

I am seeing transfers of 150 dollars per person.  Seems pretty high to me.

Welcome to Europe!

If you insist on private transfers then you will pay a lot.

Public transport is both effecient and inexpensive, however if you have a lot of baggage you will have problems.  

The train to Rotterdam leaves from the station underneath Schiphol airport.  It is a quick, reliable and inexpensive way to get there.  If you are staying in Amsterdam itself pre cruise, then the train leaves from Centraal Station.

There are no baggage cars, no porters and you must lift your bags onto the train yourself.  But it is inexpensive.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, VMax1700 said:

Welcome to Europe!

If you insist on private transfers then you will pay a lot.

Public transport is both effecient and inexpensive, however if you have a lot of baggage you will have problems.  

The train to Rotterdam leaves from the station underneath Schiphol airport.  It is a quick, reliable and inexpensive way to get there.  If you are staying in Amsterdam itself pre cruise, then the train leaves from Centraal Station.

There are no baggage cars, no porters and you must lift your bags onto the train yourself.  But it is inexpensive.

Helpful!! Thank you!  

On 10/10/2023 at 9:41 PM, MCC_50 said:

Recently booked a cruise on Celebrity where we fly into Amsterdam but the ship leaves out of Rotterdam.  Just wondering what transportation options people would recommend?  I am seeing transfers of 150 dollars per person.  Seems pretty high to me.  

suggestions?

Thank you in Advance,

Mark

Check out Welcome Pickups.  Looks like roughly $175 one way for two in party and 4 pieces of luggage from Amsterdam airport to the port in Rotterdam.  We used this company in Buenos Aires.  Professional and no issues.