What happens if you get Covid 3 days before boarding

sherbear850

On 10/13/2023 at 5:07 PM, sherbear850 said:

Thanks everyone for your input.  After testing twice my wife and I decided it was not worth risking the health of those around us to not be truthful when answering the health questionnaire.  Truthfully, I was in no position to travel as I was quite sick.  So here is our situation as it stands now ….. we have now returned home, called Celebrity, and we were asked to provide documentation of our Covid tests, which we have done.  And after discussion with one Agent, we were told a fFCC could be issued.  The second individual we spoke to indicated that that request would have to be approved by an Executive, and it may not be for the full amount.  

At this point we are at peace with our decision and only hope things work out for us.  

You did the right thing -- for yourselves and for everyone else. Thank you!

On 10/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, CruisinShips said:

I'm curious how one gets a doctor's note confirming they have Covid?  I didn't go to a doctor when I had it last year, and I assume your doctor's office doesn't want you to come in.  How exactly would you get them to complete any paperwork without examining you?

The person would need to go to a testing center to prove this to a doctor.

On 10/21/2023 at 8:08 AM, Peteymil said:

The person would need to go to a testing center to prove this to a doctor.

No, you don't, at least not in the US. Doctor's can diagnose without a third party test. They can diagnose over the phone.

I called mine, told him I was positive on a home-administered rapid test, and gave him my symptoms. He confirmed I had Covid, the diagnosis was put in my chart, and they had no problem filling out the paperwork from the insurance company when it came a few weeks later.

7 hours ago, fshagan said:

No, you don't, at least not in the US. Doctor's can diagnose without a third party test. They can diagnose over the phone.

I called mine, told him I was positive on a home-administered rapid test, and gave him my symptoms. He confirmed I had Covid, the diagnosis was put in my chart, and they had no problem filling out the paperwork from the insurance company when it came a few weeks later.

I'm glad that works for you. It did not for me, but I'm sure every doctor has different policies.

Thanks everyone for your input.  After testing twice my wife and I decided it was not worth risking the health of those around us to not be truthful when answering the health questionnaire.  Truthfully, I was in no position to travel as I was quite sick.  So here is our situation as it stands now ….. we have now returned home, called Celebrity, and we were asked to provide documentation of our Covid tests, which we have done.  And after discussion with one Agent, we were told a fFCC could be issued.  The second individual we spoke to indicated that that request would have to be approved by an Executive, and it may not be for the full amount.  

At this point we are at peace with our decision and only hope things work out for us.  

Approved by an Executive?  Really?  Why not the full amount with FCC?  Hope you are feeling much better!

On 10/10/2023 at 10:55 PM, sherbear850 said:

So now we have Covid what is Celebrity policy?😵‍💫

I can't say for Celebrity but one of our family members got COVID 2 days before a cruise when there was mandatory testing. We had no idea until the test came back. We had to cancel per their policy at the time, but we're able to do a Lift And Shift to later in the year.

On 10/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, lovevacadays said:

With COVID being a permanent part of our lives now, I think everyone should purchase travel insurance that enables you to cancel for any reason. Unless you don’t mind losing your money. 

CFAR insurance costs more and generally wouldn't be needed.  Most insurance policies will cover cancel for a medical reason but you do need to check the actual rules for yours to make sure.  Even annual travel insurance like Allianz allows this.

You did the right and honorable thing to not go. Very proud of your decision to think of others health risks.

Way to Pay it Forward

Edited by Cruise till you drop