CocoCay, More, Less, or Just Right?

Ret MP

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I am fine with that type of food as long as it isn't fly infested like at Labadee.

I've never had a fly issue there... it's the seagulls you need to watch out for when you take some food back to your lounger, lol. They are also huge fans of the food there.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've never had a fly issue there... it's the seagulls you need to watch out for when you take some food back to your lounger, lol. They are also huge fans of the food there.

I'm sure the gulls are grateful for RCI's creation and in their spare time probably study the ship port schedule.😄

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ret MP said:

No. 1, not be in the Bahamas.

AND, some entertainment other than eating, drinking, sunning, etc.  Not that there is something wrong with any or all.  Just not for me, except the drinking and eating part.  But, if that's all there is, it's boring, FOR ME!  And it is the luck of the draw as to how crowded it is.  If a Q class and an O class ship are there at the same time, and both are at capacity or close to it, it's a disaster, as far as I'm concerned.  I believe, meaning it's my opinion, that the island and it's public access areas are way too small for the crowds, and with more and more itineraries including CocoCay, it's only going to get worse.  I don't think the new beach will help, much.  

Ya, I think entertainment for those who don't especially like sunning and swimming for an entire day would make a world of difference.  At least Labadee has a zip line and a rollercoaster.  However, I'm talking about things to do for old farts like me.  Thrill Water Park is out of my desires.  

I think CocoCay is great for young people and the young in general, and I'm sure that there are many old farts that like CocoCay, too.  It just isn't for me <my opinion.   

From one "old fart" to another....I totally agree.  😊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

That was one thing we noticed at Coco Cay yesterday.  Stopped by the Chill Grill for our fresh made tacos after our usual "walk the perimeter" with a Coco Loco in hand...and there were no Seagulls near the picnic tables.  Very unusual.  Though there was a bunch of them down at South Beach.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

That was one thing we noticed at Coco Cay yesterday.  Stopped by the Chill Grill for our fresh made tacos after our usual "walk the perimeter" with a Coco Loco in hand...and there were no Seagulls near the picnic tables.  Very unusual.  Though there was a bunch of them down at South Beach.  

If there were people by the pool unaware of why you don't walk away and leave your food there like there were about 8 chairs down from us... that may have been where the seagulls were. 🤣

Alfred Hitchcock would have been proud of that scene.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Why do you not want it to be in the Bahamas? 

Not that I expect that everybody has read every post that I've posted here, but I have stated that I don't like the government of the Bahamas for personal reasons.  No, it hasn't anything to do with legal (criminal anyway) issues.   

• Haha 1

And many need to keep in mind....Labadee is not an island.  It is simply a leased point on land on the north side of the country of Haiti.  

And note to MP...I am like you with Bahamas.  I am definitely not a fan of the very corrupt Haitian government.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Not that I expect that everybody has read every post that I've posted here, but I have stated that I don't like the government of the Bahamas for personal reasons.  No, it hasn't anything to do with legal (criminal anyway) issues.   

So do you avoid cruises that go there?

Edited by time4u2go