Royal changes

nursemom2

I’m not new to Royal Caribbean, but I haven’t Cruised in 4years. I’m just wandering about the jewel of the sea. We have booked a 12 day cruise from Amsterdam to Iceland, and I’m wondering about the lounges, we are diamond plus and I’m not sure if there still is a diamond plus lounge. We always enjoy the coffee In the lounges at breakfast. I also know that we get five free drinks during the day, but not sure if there is a lounge how does that work? Thanks and advance for all your answers I surely appreciate it!

2 minutes ago, nursemom2 said:

I’m not new to Royal Caribbean, but I haven’t Cruised in 4years. I’m just wandering about the jewel of the sea. We have booked a 12 day cruise from Amsterdam to Iceland, and I’m wondering about the lounges, we are diamond plus and I’m not sure if there still is a diamond plus lounge. We always enjoy the coffee In the lounges at breakfast. I also know that we get five free drinks during the day, but not sure if there is a lounge how does that work? Thanks and advance for all your answers I surely appreciate it!

There never was a Diamond Plus lounge.  There is however a Diamond lounge for D and above. The 5 free drinks for D+ can be used anywhere onboard Jewel.  

6 minutes ago, nursemom2 said:

Just to confuse you more they changed the name of the diamond lounge, though probably havent changed the names yet on the ships. Still have a morning spread and a evening spread of snacks. Any drinks come from your vouchers no matter where used. 

Your card will get you into the lounge. 

40 minutes ago, nursemom2 said:

Not sure if all the fleet has these.  But some ships have hand washing stations in the buffet.  We just got off Celebrity Summit last month.  Had to wash hands before entry.  It’s a COVID thing but then again haven’t heard of a Norovirus outbreak in a long time.

Edited by fenton04
Content

Indeed as previously posted...has never been such a thing as Diamond Plus lounge.  You are probably referring to the Concierge Lounge.  A year ago Diamond Plus were kicked out of the Concierge lounge.  The Diamond Lounge (now being changed to "Crown Lounge") is where Diamonds, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacles go for a loyalty lounge.  Suites Lounge (and what is left of the named Concierge lounges) are for GS and above, or if numbers low enough in total...Pinnacles not in a suite invited in (but that is not a given).  

We prefer to use our drink vouchers at the various bars and lounges around the ship, with the VCL being our favorite.  We do use the lounges for morning coffee...but that is about it.  You will have 5 drink vouchers per person to use at any of them...at any time.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1