Catholic Mass on All Cunard Ships?

2disneydads

Hello, Everyone:

I am booked on a June 2025 transatlantic crossing on QM2 and I have noticed, in researching daily programmes from past crossings, including late September 2023, that there is Catholic Mass on board almost every day.  Is that particular to the QM2 or the transatlantic crossings?  My mother would like to sail on a cruise that offers Mass each day.  Do the other Cunard vessels offer Mass every day, and does the QM2 offer it on sailings other than crossings?  If anyone knows other lines that offer daily Mass, I would be grateful for that information, too.

Thank you all very much.

1 hour ago, Chart Room Princess said:

Catholic Mass is only offered every day on the QM2. It is offered on the other ships only during the Christmas and Easter holidays. Holland America offers Catholic Mass on all their ships year round.

Except turnaround days.

2 hours ago, 2disneydads said:

Hello, Everyone:

I am booked on a June 2025 transatlantic crossing on QM2 and I have noticed, in researching daily programmes from past crossings, including late September 2023, that there is Catholic Mass on board almost every day.  Is that particular to the QM2 or the transatlantic crossings?  My mother would like to sail on a cruise that offers Mass each day.  Do the other Cunard vessels offer Mass every day, and does the QM2 offer it on sailings other than crossings?  If anyone knows other lines that offer daily Mass, I would be grateful for that information, too.

Thank you all very much.

We are happy since our first sailing on the QE2 we had a priest on each sailing these past decades.

We even had the Holy Days recognized also during a sailing including Easter.

Typically they are held either at 8:30 AM or recently 5:15PM on the QM2 each day.

Only on one sailing we had to attend Mass on land

Edited by BklynBoy8

In addition, on Sundays on sea days, there is usually an inter-denominational service led by the captain or senior officer. It's not under Roman rites, it's vaguely Anglican-ish, but all welcome. There's a Christian fellowship meeting daily, self led, tends to represent the Protestant side of the aisle on the whole. These two aspects are on all 3 ships.

Only QM2 has a working RC priest on pretty much all sailings, some other religious leaders appear occasionally, usually in a personal capacity.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoy the services on the QM2 and they have mostly been held by the Captain.    His sermons usually pertain to some aspect of the Titanic disaster.    We always closed the service with Eternal Father Strong to Save.    A number of the ships officers also attend and do the readings.     The service is something I really miss on other lines.    We were on Seabourn on Good Friday and no service was offered other than an evening service for Jewish passengers.