Preziosa Interior Cabin Advice

artvlay

Hello, we are experienced cruisers but have never been on MSC. We are thinking about taking a 7 nite on the Preziosa next fall out of Southampton. It is port intensive so we are just looking for a place to sleep. There seems to be numerous choices for cabins and I'm a bit confused. 

I'm thinking of getting an interior guarantee and taking a chance. I have taken cruises in the past in various guarantee cabins but I was knowledgeable about what I can get.

This time I am blind as to what I can end up with. Any help is appreciated.

If picking the cabin, meaning booking Fantastica experience, is not much more I'd try for the square shaped insides on deck 11 or 12.  Look for the ones with cabins above and below. 

Their square footage is about the same as the regular rectangular insides but the ayout makes the cabin feel larger. 

Avoid the junior insides (and OV & balconies) which unfortunately are a possibility with booking guarantee. 

We are 4* on HAL but gave MSC a try last year aboard the MSC Splendida. This year we sailed on  the MSC Preziosa from Hamburg. We are sold on MSC and booked two more European cruises with MSC for 2024. The Fantasia-class I feel are a perfect size and even though we had 4,000 passengers onboard the Preziosa, never really felt crowded per se.

I can't speak on Interior Staterooms or Guarantees as we have done neither with MSC. My suggestion is to find a deckplan that shows the Interior staterooms. Our Junior Balcony was on Deck 11 a bit more forward than we found that we cared for with the MDR restaurant that we we were assigned to (L'Arabesque) and the Inca/Maya Buffet at the rear of the ship. But just a little bit of extra walking required.

I would also suggest requesting a call back from a MSC Concierge via the website and then working with them. These are not the representatives that answer the 800- phone line but dedicated cruise consultants. For our two previous cruises we have booked online. But a concierge  contacted us and is now our Concierge regarding a Grand Voyage cruise that was not showing online. As soon as it showed available for booking he contacted us.  It gives you an informed reprsentative to speak to that can help manouver a MSC booking. We booked it through him, and also booked a cruise while onbaird the Preziosa with the MSC Future Cruise Consultant. When we returned home, I transfered the booking to our concierge as well.

I would not do an inside or OV gty on this class ship.  It is quirky.  Cabins for 3/4 have the extra bunks on the side walls, except for those on deck 5, for some strange reason.  (I am booked in an OV on Seashore and I made sure I got one without the extra bunks).  And as advised, avoid the cabins labeled junior.  On Preziosa and Divina they widened this section to increase cabins.  We stayed in one of the tiny insides on Divina for her 3 day US inaugural.  (13147).  I took many pics of the junior balconies which lack any seating other than the chair at the desk and the balcony chairs.  EM

• Like 1

These are pictures of 11139 (a connecting cabin as we were traveling with DSIL) on the MSC Preziosa on Giada Deck 11.  Surprising to me and contrary to what other posters have said, it is classified as a BM2 Junior Balcony-Medium Deck(?). The size is listed as having 194 sq. ft with the balcony as 42 sq.ft. on cruisedeckplans and was certainly spacious enough compared to a HAL Verandah. There is over two feet at the foot of the bed and it had a full size couch.

My suggestion is, unless you are set on an Interior to book a balcony.

Another suggestion is to join the Voyagers Club and use the status match. If you are still a year out from this cruise, there are additional benefits including a 5% + 5% discount.

Showing the generous space at the foot of the bed.

A6503774.thumb.JPG.ca92dc8ec1e1eb36370c6e4e7ddb4f9b.JPG

Looking towards the hallway door.

A6503788.thumb.JPG.a9b4e62e1e449f6e55f8b224a8d4724f.JPG

The full size couch. It was not a sleeper couch.

A6503781.thumb.JPG.0d4911597d48a25c8cea1b701bf8a82b.JPG

Edited by Heartgrove

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Cabins for 3/4 have the extra bunks on the side walls, except for those on deck 5, for some strange reason. 

Passenger decks start at Corallo Deck Five for OV and Interior. Perhaps you were thinking of a different ship?

Edited by Heartgrove

38 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

These are pictures of 11139 (a connecting cabin as we were traveling with DSIL) on the MSC Preziosa on Giada Deck 11.  Surprising to me and contrary to what other posters have said, it is classified as a BM2 Junior Balcony-Medium Deck(?). The size is listed as having 194 sq. ft with the balcony as 42 sq.ft. on cruisedeckplans

I'm not sure Cruisedeckplans has that listed properly.  Just going by color coding 11139 would be a Premium Balcony BL2.  Junior Balcony cabins are not 194 sq.ft.

B.jpg.fea3ccb788579bf0edfb8fce4d781700.jpg

b2.thumb.jpg.9d3e8999fe2f53214f34142cc484b654.jpg

9 minutes ago, Até said:

I'm not sure Cruisedeckplans has that listed properly.  Just going by color coding 11139 would be a Premium Balcony BL2.  Junior Balcony cabins are not 194 sq.ft.

B.jpg.fea3ccb788579bf0edfb8fce4d781700.jpg

b2.thumb.jpg.9d3e8999fe2f53214f34142cc484b654.jpg

Correct! I looked back at our confirmation and it does show it as a BL2 as we were Fantastica. Cruisedeckplans is not correct in their listing. Unfortunately MSC does not list their classifications on their deck plans to be able to compare. But for an extra $60.00 on a ten night cruise it was worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Passenger decks start at Corallo Deck Five for OV and Interior. Perhaps you were thinking of a different ship?

I meant that cabins that can hold a 3rd and 4th guest have bunks on the side wall.  Not a different ship, although my point of reference/experience is Divina.  EM