Private van tour in Juneau

Sail away MK

On past cruises to Mexico or the Caribbean, there were always drivers at the ports willing to take your group where ever you wanted to go, or even give a tour of the area.  Does Juneau have that? We are a group of 12 and would like a van and driver to take us to several places around town for a couple of hours.  I cannot find any company which does this for under $2500 for a group that large.  We would hate to wait until we dock and would prefer to book something in advance.  Any ideas for companies I might contact? We would prefer not to rent vehicles as the driver does not get a relaxed experience.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sail away MK said:

Does Juneau have that? We are a group of 12 and would like a van and driver to take us to several places around town for a couple of hours.  I cannot find any company which does this for under $2500 for a group that large.  

We are in a similar situation -family of 11 (6 adults and 5 kids ages 5-11 - two of whom need boosters which we are bringing). I am finding Juneau hardest of all to plan. We are not planning to do helicopters or whale watching here and we definitely won't rely on drivers at the port to help us. We'd like to get to Mendenhall (all of us) and do a kayak trip (some of us) and the tram (some of us) and walk around town at some point (all of us). Anything I've found has been very expensive as you mentioned. So I'll be watching to see if any solutions appear here. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, surgie said:

We are in a similar situation -family of 11 (6 adults and 5 kids ages 5-11 - two of whom need boosters which we are bringing). I am finding Juneau hardest of all to plan. We are not planning to do helicopters or whale watching here and we definitely won't rely on drivers at the port to help us. We'd like to get to Mendenhall (all of us) and do a kayak trip (some of us) and the tram (some of us) and walk around town at some point (all of us). Anything I've found has been very expensive as you mentioned. So I'll be watching to see if any solutions appear here. 

Have you looked at Tracy Arm boat trip - different than Juneau tour but amazing:

https://allenmarinetours.com/juneau/tracy-arm-fjord-glacier-explorer/#prettyPhoto 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There is just so much to do in Juneau. Do all 12 of you want to do exactly the same things? Consider splitting up and have your group chose the activities they want to do rather than just hanging with the rest of the group.

Yes we will definitely split up for part of the day. We all want to see the glacier center and some want to hike and/or kayak. Still figuring it out ... And everything is so expensive that I want to choose carefully.

Edited by surgie
  • Like 1

We are actually a group of 60. 12 of us want to go to the Glacier, Shrine, Jensen-Olsen then the brewery.  Another 25 are doing a planned tour to the Gasteneau Gold mine.  Some are whale watching, some are taking a helicopter for a sled dog experience, some are wandering town.  I am charged with finding info on the the van portion for the 12.  The Princess van is looking good.

• Like 3