Viking Iceland excursion photography tour

eddieg07410

30 minutes ago, eddieg07410 said:

Does Viking offer a photography tour of Iceland where a professional photographer guides you when shooting landscapes?

not to my knowledge . . .

However, there are several independent options from tour operators that are available.  A lot will depend on how much time you have and/or if you are arriving (early) to Reykjavik or leaving (late) in Reykjavik.

You are more likely to find such an offering by looking at the usual places for local guides.  I found one such guide in Norway during my northern lights cruise both for landscape and NL itself.  V did not offer the landscape guides offering.

most of the trips on V i found on the regular sites with local guides.  They even had the same pictures.

Photo tours with local guides are common, I am sure Google will get you matched with someone

We were on an ATV tour in Isafjordur where the guide recognized DH’s interest in photography, so made our ATV tour visiting various different landscapes.  He was pretty good about making sure that DH was welcome to stop when he saw something that interested him to take pics as long as he wanted, without rushing him.  This was a private tour though, but the guide was one we had been introduced to previously through a Viking excursion.

Edited by Mich3554

We did Icelands Natural Beauty this July. Yes, there was a photographer tour and my husband thought it was great! The stops are based on current weather and conditions. See here, day 2.  https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html#itineraryday/2

Edited by CDR2001
Correction

2 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

We did Icelands Natural Beauty this July. Yes, there was a photographer tour and my husband thought it was great! The stops are based on current weather and conditions. See here, day 2.  https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html#itineraryday/2

I did this excursion (through the lens) last year and agree it was great.  The tour leader took us to different spots with different challenges (panoramic vistas, bubbling mud pots and steam,  backlit basalt cliffs, etc) and discussed composition, camera settings, etc.  You could listen and follow or wander on your own at each stop.  The lunch was simple soup and sides but very, very good.

9 hours ago, dd57 said:

I did this excursion (through the lens) last year and agree it was great.  The tour leader took us to different spots with different challenges (panoramic vistas, bubbling mud pots and steam,  backlit basalt cliffs, etc) and discussed composition, camera settings, etc.  You could listen and follow or wander on your own at each stop.  The lunch was simple soup and sides but very, very good.

How wonderful.  Sure wish we'd had this tour on our Iceland circumnavigation on the Saturn this past June.  Love photography.  Did the Barbados one which was spectacular and well worth it.

Like dd57, I also did the through the lens excursion on the July cruise, and it was well worth it.  The guide was very knowledgeable, and took us to a number of spots.  I got a number of great pictures.  Everything that dd57 mentioned was the same for my excursion.  JohnEB

9 hours ago, johneb2 said:

Like dd57, I also did the through the lens excursion on the July cruise, and it was well worth it.  The guide was very knowledgeable, and took us to a number of spots.  I got a number of great pictures.  Everything that dd57 mentioned was the same for my excursion.  JohnEB

Thank you both!  I see on Viking's site this excursion was added after our June Saturn visit to Reykjavik.  Glad you got to experience it!  Maybe next time for us.

• 1 month later...