Vista suite 12016

luvtahoma

Anyone have opinions regarding this suite location….Waves bar on one side, elevators near the doorway and directly under The Culinary Center!

im booked on Panama Canal cruise, so I’m sure the pool area will be busy!  Just worried about noise day and night!

Just now, luvtahoma said:

Anyone have opinions regarding this suite location….Waves bar on one side, elevators near the doorway and directly under The Culinary Center!

im booked on Panama Canal cruise, so I’m sure the pool area will be busy!  Just worried about noise day and night!

We are currently on Vista deck 12 and your suite location will be quiet.   There is a door separating the hallway for these suites from hallway for the stairwell, elevators and door out to pool and Waves Bar.  The Culinary Center is not a noise issue either as it is not used constantly and generally for a 2 hour session in the morning or late afternoon - there is no loud music/talking nor chairs scarping as people stand at their individual work stations.   We LOVE this location and have booked it for upcoming cruises on Vista.  You will be happy...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

We are currently on Vista deck 12 and your suite location will be quiet.   There is a door separating the hallway for these suites from hallway for the stairwell, elevators and door out to pool and Waves Bar.  The Culinary Center is not a noise issue either as it is not used constantly and generally for a 2 hour session in the morning or late afternoon - there is no loud music/talking nor chairs scarping as people stand at their individual work stations.   We LOVE this location and have booked it for upcoming cruises on Vista.  You will be happy...

We will be a couple of Cabins down the hall and it looks like the Game/Card Room will be over us and a little Horizons.  Hope that is quiet as well.  Any thoughts …thanks

Just now, dlhamlten said:

We will be a couple of Cabins down the hall and it looks like the Game/Card Room will be over us and a little Horizons.  Hope that is quiet as well.  Any thoughts …thanks

Our cabin and 12016 are on the port side under Culinary Center, if you are under the Card Room then you are on the starboard side.  I can't comment on your cabin.....but the stage for Horizons is on the Starboard side so you might here something if you are at the end of that hall.  Right now the live music stops at 11PM and then it is taped music,.....O isn't known for late night revelry,  as most are in bed early due to getting up early the next morning for going ashore.

8 hours ago, dlhamlten said:

Watch out for those mahjong players...they can get boisterous 😉

• Haha 1

We were on Riviera some years ago in an Oceania suite on deck 12.  Once you went through the door things were really really quiet - except if you were walking by the Culinary centre and a class was about to start with people lining up to get in.  After that started - nothing.  We liked the Ocdania suite a lot.

19 hours ago, basor said:

Our cabin and 12016 are on the port side under Culinary Center, if you are under the Card Room then you are on the starboard side.  I can't comment on your cabin.....but the stage for Horizons is on the Starboard side so you might here something if you are at the end of that hall.  Right now the live music stops at 11PM and then it is taped music,.....O isn't known for late night revelry,  as most are in bed early due to getting up early the next morning for going ashore.

Actually, our Oceania Suite is even-numbered and is on Port side.  I have taken a closer look at the Vista Deck Plan and there is no space labeled Card Room.  Sorry,  I may have mistakenly identified the area in question above us on Deck 14.🥱

If anyone has been in the Culinary Kitchen, are there perhaps four tables adjacent to it for eating the meals just prepared that will only be used after lessons ?

4 minutes ago, dlhamlten said:

Actually, our Oceania Suite is even-numbered and is on Port side.  I have taken a closer look at the Vista Deck Plan and there is no space labeled Card Room.  Sorry,  I may have mistakenly identified the area in question above us on Deck 14.🥱

If anyone has been in the Culinary Kitchen, are there perhaps four tables adjacent to it for eating the meals just prepared that will only be used after lessons ?

We walked through the seating area  & yes there are tables  but I do not think  they are used on a regular basis ??

They do bring the hot water for the afternoon tea from that area into Horizons

This is not likely to be a problem on your Panama Canal cruise, but here is something to consider for others, particularly if you are cruising in a cool/cold weather area.  In order to get to the Terrace Cafe from your suite, you will have to go down to the 11th floor walk to the back stairs/elevators and then go back up to the 12th floor, in order to stay inside.  This is not a problem in warm weather to simply walk past the pool, but could also be a problem if there is heavy rain, but there is an overhang you can usually walk under without getting wet.  Definitely not a show-stopper, but something to consider.