Disembark

FredaFlinstone

It will depend on what time the ship arrives back in port and is cleared for passengers to disembark.

Currently, on a good day, it is between 07:00 and 07:30 (ish)

1 hour ago, FredaFlinstone said:

Just trying to work out times for trains back up to Liverpool.

Have to hope that there is no train strike!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have just self disembarked from Aurora.  You register that with the front desk and you are supposed to be off between 0715 and 0745.  The letter also said they would announce when the ship was cleared, but they didn't.  I think we got off at 0800.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We only take one large suitcase each, and that was for 19 nights.  I have still brought home clothes that I didn't wear.

Could you explain that concept to my wife please as it is an alien notion to her😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

Could you explain that concept to my wife please as it is an alien notion to her😄

Well, I am amazed by the luggage that people take.  We had 4 formal nights, so that's easy.  The rest is just shorts and t shirts, 5 pairs of shoes, etc etc.  All go in my case.  My husband packs his own and takes his DJ in a separate carry on.

We had 4 formal nights

That's one case😇

The rest is just shorts and t shirts, 5 pairs of shoes, etc etc. 

Not a suggestion I would dare make - not if I valued my life☹️

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My husband packs his own

So do I👍

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Fionboard said:

I have a different outfit for each formal. The joy of not flying! 

So do I, but it still all goes in one case!!  I should have said, one long dress, two short cocktail dresses and glittery top with black velvet trousers.  

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, david63 said:

It will depend on what time the ship arrives back in port and is cleared for passengers to disembark.

Currently, on a good day, it is between 07:00 and 07:30 (ish)

Have to hope that there is no train strike!!!!!

Yes I know. Luckily I have  friends going back into London so worst case I will stay overnight with them!  Fingers crossed trains are ok though! 

28 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well, I am amazed by the luggage that people take.  We had 4 formal nights, so that's easy.  The rest is just shorts and t shirts, 5 pairs of shoes, etc etc.  All go in my case.  My husband packs his own and takes his DJ in a separate carry on.

No shorts for me. Heading to Norway and the Arctic Circle to Tromso hoping to see the Lights. More winter woolies for me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Hopefully they can get a direct train or one via Basingstoke, and avoid having to cross London from Waterloo to Euston.

Certainly would not advise going via London unless a stop off there is planned and it costs more.

When we have used the train in the past we used a X Country service and changed at Reading. From what I can remember the service started at Bournemouth was hourly, did not need to be booked/reserved in advance, went on via Birmingham I think to the north east but but imagine that you could change for Liverpool in the midlands. Worth seeing if the service still exists.

Edited by Bill Y

Just a word of warning regarding train tickets. You may want to get tickets that can be used on a different train to the one you may have booked on. We didn't arrive into Southampton until 10 am when on Britannia in September due to bad weather, therefore disembarkation didn't start until about 11 am.

Luckily we weren't affected as we had travelled up by road.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We are always so glad to self disembark.  No hanging around in the ship. No trying to find your bags.  We only take one large suitcase each, and that was for 19 nights.  I have still brought home clothes that I didn't wear.

I've been tempted to disembark, but so far I've been unable to resists the lure of one final breakfast in the MDR. (I don't like buffets.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

We found the buffet food very good and loads of choice.  I had my only egg and bacon of the cruise on the last day.

I'm sure the food is good but, being exceptionally unobservant and clueless, I often struggle to find what I want in buffets. And on the last morning I imagine it must get horrendously busy. I much prefer being waited on, even if the meal takes longer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I'm sure the food is good but, being exceptionally unobservant and clueless, I often struggle to find what I want in buffets. And on the last morning I imagine it must get horrendously busy. I much prefer being waited on, even if the meal takes longer.

It was quite busy, but found a table straight away   One of us went to get our food and then the other.  Simples!

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Not so simple for me. I'm a solo cruiser.

That’s a serious concern I, as a solo also have.  Even in hotels I’ve had situations where other guests have requested my table is cleared when I’m getting the next course…

Edited by Peterson78

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

I never use the buffet. MDR is far more civilised and nice to share a table. 

Not if you just want to get fed before doing something more interesting.

I've tried not sharing but they treat a group of "tables for two" as one large table and it was no faster.

I give myself extra time and just as well I did as Ventura was a bit late docking last week and disembarked an "ambulance needed" Passenger before opening for everyone else including self disembark it was all a bit chaotic.

We were flying home from Southampton Airport