Lost Luggage

davy jones

OP I'm so happy to know your luggage was found so that now you can rest easy and enjoy your cruise.  Your scenario reminds me of why I insist on cross packing a few items of clothing and toiletries into other bags...DH gives me rolly eyes when I insist but you just never know.  I don't have air tags but may look into them.  It's a leap of blind faith when we drop our bags off at the curb...Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

OP I'm so happy to know your luggage was found so that now you can rest easy and enjoy your cruise.  Your scenario reminds me of why I insist on cross packing a few items of clothing and toiletries into other bags...DH gives me rolly eyes when I insist but you just never know.  I don't have air tags but may look into them.  It's a leap of blind faith when we drop our bags off at the curb...Enjoy your cruise!

We had less than an hour connection last year in Zurich on one of our trips. After losing luggage in New Zealand in 2007 for two days, I am cautious. I travel with a medium size check-in rollabout and a 35L backpack suitcase as a carry-on. In it I pack two days of clothing as well as cameras, toiletries and meds. I can at least survive for two days. The bags transferred and we did too without a problem in ZRH.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ahh, I can see how that could happen.  Our tags are plastic sleeves but they fasten by a heavy wire cord that screws together at the ends.  Like this:

image.png.a942afd547ab4187d8e360aa364022c8.png

That’s the kind I have, but since you can change the luggage insert without removing the tie,  I would think that cable ties would work as well…EM

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Lost Luggage:  Help

We cruised first time on MSC Seashore. Cruise time was March 14-17... Had great time until exiting.  We were not aware we could keep our luggage with us.  Luggage was taken the night before.  When we left the ship only my luggage was there.  My daughters was gone.  It was a Large dark Brown cloth with D&G on it.  We had a clear plastic tag connect with a strong wire connect.  No possible way someone could have confused it with theirs.  

No one reported it and no one has seen it.  Reward if someone could return it.....

On 10/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I use those too.  They are a bugger to get on and off...wonder how yours came off?

I used them and my luggage is still missing

22 hours ago, Diannia said:

Lost Luggage:  Help

We cruised first time on MSC Seashore. Cruise time was March 14-17... Had great time until exiting.  We were not aware we could keep our luggage with us.  Luggage was taken the night before.  When we left the ship only my luggage was there.  My daughters was gone.  It was a Large dark Brown cloth with D&G on it.  We had a clear plastic tag connect with a strong wire connect.  No possible way someone could have confused it with theirs.  

No one reported it and no one has seen it.  Reward if someone could return it.....

Welcome Diannia.  Your best bet would be to go to the Cruise BOARD for the sailing and post there.  It's doubtful that someone from that sailing will open up and read this (old) post.