Aqua Move Up Bid

foodsvcmgr

Booked Concierge for Antarctica in January.

Just received Move Up offering Aqua for $150 pp minimum bid.

25 cabins appear unsold currently.

With the current menu and food issues would it be worthwhile to bid for an upgrade to Blu vs MDR and for how much above the minimum?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I am not necessarily the best to answer as we sail in Aqua, but here it goes.

if you are a true "foodie", I think you will be disappointed. We enjoy Blu, but the food was "meh" on our last sailing. Also, you won't know that cabin you are getting.....obstructed or under the pool.....until it is too late. 

with that in mind, some suggestions

1- call X and ask how much it would cost to do an upgrade to Aqua. It might be cheaper than you think

2- stay in concierge and use the Move Up money to buy a specialty dining package. They sometimes offer sales which will bring the price down

3- take a chance, bid on it and see where it goes....ya only live once!

24 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Booked Concierge for Antarctica in January.

Just received Move Up offering Aqua for $150 pp minimum bid.

25 cabins appear unsold currently.

With the current menu and food issues would it be worthwhile to bid for an upgrade to Blu vs MDR and for how much above the minimum?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Depending on how long the cruise is but $150 is a good price for a move up to aqua.  Couple things, you have no choice if you win the bid and placed in a room.  If location is important and you like your location now then it might be worth staying put.  But then $150 pp is a good price, you do get Blu, also get use of the Persian Gardens/Thermal Suite thruout the cruise.  Which would be definitely worth it for me, as I do use these every day. 

I have a slightly different issue.

We are currently booked on Constellation in an Ocean View guarantee sand will bid on the various verandas.

So my question is how much above the regular and concierge verandas to bit on Aqua?

I was wondering what the food issues were with Blu?

On Constellation there really is only the Italian restaurant.  Not that into sushi.

We love Blu but for us it depends on the ship class. We are not fans of the location of AC on the M class and would be very concerned about the cabin we would be given as many are below public areas. Just something to consider.