Onboard shops without any shopping bags

Thairific

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, same in Canada for years now.  Second nature when shopping anywhere, grab a bag!  This includes cruiseships and hotels.  

Many more "progressive" communities/cities in the US have banned single use plastic bags for environmental reasons or imposed a 5-cent fee for them. But it is not a national ban. A few states have banned "disposable" bags but mostly it's at the community level where it's a real patchwork of where they're banned and where they aren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

Many more "progressive" communities/cities in the US have banned single use plastic bags for environmental reasons or imposed a 5-cent fee for them. But it is not a national ban. A few states have banned "disposable" bags but mostly it's at the community level where it's a real patchwork of where they're banned and where they aren't.

It is unheard of here to provide plastic bags to customers.  You can buy paper or cloth or bring your own.  We stopped the 5 cent bags a very long time ago.

8 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

It is unheard of here to provide plastic bags to customers.  You can buy paper or cloth or bring your own.  We stopped the 5 cent bags a very long time ago.

Must have done that sooner in Toronto than out my way in "the 905".  We could still get plastic bags at least until last Winter.  May have ended last Dec 31, or sometime while we were in FL for Winter.  That said, we had been using the new type of bag for sometime.  Whole Foods was still using paper bags and I always liked Longo's plastic bags as they were high quality - miss them a bit for garbage bags.  we downsized our kitchen garbage frame and bag size due to all the recycling and green binning.  I do recall buying a bunch of Longo bags when I thought they were going to disappear. 

It seems most clothing stores still provide a bag as I think they like the advertising as people walk around with them.

17 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

In the UK if you want a bag you pay for it. It's an environmental issue. Everyone just takes their own bag with them when they go shopping. I can't quite comprehend getting incensed to the point of refusing to buy something when the answer lies within my own hands (or bag) 😉🙂

In the UK, even at Harrods in London?

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Must have done that sooner in Toronto than out my way in "the 905".  We could still get plastic bags at least until last Winter.  May have ended last Dec 31, or sometime while we were in FL for Winter.  That said, we had been using the new type of bag for sometime.  Whole Foods was still using paper bags and I always liked Longo's plastic bags as they were high quality - miss them a bit for garbage bags.  we downsized our kitchen garbage frame and bag size due to all the recycling and green binning.  I do recall buying a bunch of Longo bags when I thought they were going to disappear. 

It seems most clothing stores still provide a bag as I think they like the advertising as people walk around with them.

We haven’t lived in Toronto for quite sometime.  When we retired we bought on Georgian Bay.  It’s been probably two years since plastic bags were discontinued up here.  However, I do shopping trips to Toronto and the high end clothing stores on Bloor St. and Avenue Road and Yorkdale Mall still use very good quality paper shopping bags with their name on it.  They’ve always used paper,  never plastic.