Food Selection and Quality Hits an All Time Low

Vibe

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry to hear that. I would never pay for the beach club but have been treated to it twice and loved the food. I agree the lobster tail is overrated but the filet mignon and coconut crusted lobster sandwiches were excellent both times. Also agree the desserts aren't very good. We had funnel cakes from the Snack Shack for dessert.

All that said, gimme the Snack Shack chicken sandwiches and funnel cakes to go with the Chill Grill taco bar and I'm just as happy. I can appreciate a good steak but I'm cool with simple, included food as long as it tastes good.

I would love this place if 1. they lowered the price and 2.  Gave you the option of having a gourmet all day buffet set up instead of the sit down.  The stale WJ pastries that were the breakfast snacks were sad looking and 3.  No techno music!  

We just got off of the Odyssey TA and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was.  This was our 6th cruise since the menu change, we’ve been on several ships where the food was mediocre so I was not expecting much!😂.  Only 3 dishes did I not consider to be good: lobster & cheese macaroni (definitely not Mac & cheese)  the lobster tail my husband had (very tough and dried out looking) and what was supposed to be pecan pie but was more of a pecan flavored pie as I never found anything resembling a pecan.  Otherwise, everything was great!

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

We just got off of the Odyssey TA and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was.  This was our 6th cruise since the menu change, we’ve been on several ships where the food was mediocre so I was not expecting much!😂.  Only 3 dishes did I not consider to be good: lobster & cheese macaroni (definitely not Mac & cheese)  the lobster tail my husband had (very tough and dried out looking) and what was supposed to be pecan pie but was more of a pecan flavored pie as I never found anything resembling a pecan.  Otherwise, everything was great!

Sherri🙂

Pretty much my experience with Odyssey. I like this ship much more than I expected to.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:49 PM, Cruise Girl Forever said:

On the Oasis last month.  I noticed the portion size of the entrée' in the mdr was small. And the dishes contained the cheaper cuts of meat.   However, I did find all the food tasty and served hot.  

My waiter and assistant were outstanding.  

I do miss the old menu's and selections.  and the chilled soup.  But will have to get use to the new way.  And will I am sure.

Had dinner one night in the Windjammer.  I enjoyed what I choose.  It was hot and tasty. 

Ohhh the chilled soups were so good. I miss those days.