My Cruise Shows Up As Unavailable

babydrum

I was checking Seabourn's site to see if my cruise falls under the Black Friday sale so that I can get a reduced rate but it shows up as unavailable.  I checked one of the TA sites for the cruise and it says the itinerary is no longer available but I didn't get any notice about it.  I've emailed my TA to see what's going on but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Seabourn Sojourn 34 Day Empires of the Sun leaving Singapore May 2nd departing Athens June 5, 2024.  There is nobody on the Roll Call.  I started it a few weeks ago because I couldn't find one. 

6 hours ago, markandjie said:

This is likely just another example of their lousy website. Things seem to disappear and return all the time. I would give it a day or two and it may magically come back. 

Spot on, it's showing for me currently on Seabourn's UK site. Of course, the site is so poor that it could disappear again!

With two ports in Israel on the itinerary, I would expect some anomalies. Personally, I think it would be false advertising to publish an itinerary with stops in Israel, better off with nothing or at least a disclaimer.

Talking about lousy websites.  We have two cruises booked next year.  I tried to look at some info on one of the cruises.  Each time I clicked on "booked guests" or "which cruise" it would make me log in again. I could not get to the next page.  After trying different things, made to log in 10 times in a row and getting nowhere, I gave up.  I'll call my TA next Monday and see if she can get through.  The website is getting worse by the minute.

• Like 1

I called Seabourn to cancel my overnight Safaga tour to Luxor and asked which ports were changing.  She said none are showing right now but acknowledged that some of the ports will be cancelled.  I assume Ashdod, Haifa, Safaga, Aqaba, and Sharm el Sheik. That's six days on a cruise that already has 15 sea days.  I assume they are going to try to replace the ports with something because I don't know how I can to survive that many sea days, especially on such a small ship. I might have to cut my losses and give up 25% or if my CFAR actually works, it'll be 25% of the non-refundable deposit.  DH said he's already written off the cost in his mind and he wants to see it through.  I don't think that's necessary and since I have until January 3rd before final payment, I will reevaluate closer to that date.  The most I'm willing to lose is the 25% non-refundable fee.

It seems that whenever there is a new promotion, SB's website runs into multiple problems on the immediate following weekend. Maybe they are just not good at updating their database. Anyway, give them a few days. Usually by next week, the problems will be fixed.

• Like 1