Arcadia Wi-Fi onboard ?

johno11

Hi thereX looking for an honest opinion about the Wi-Fi onboard ? I just want to send some iMessages onboard , it’s only cruising the English Channel . Doubt I’ll get 3 or 4g on the sea days .

last time the Wi-Fi was somewhat dodgy onboard Ventura .

thanks 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Currently on Arcadia....using the wifi.

I am using it for remote access to work and finding it's good enough, not as good as my recent experience of Skynet on Princess but acceptable.

Web browsing is fine.

I am also connected to WhatsApp without issue

Do you know if Starlink is fully ‘live’ on Arcadia Steve? We are on Ventura and the WiFi over the 24 hours that I paid for it was excellent. I am hoping that it will be as good on Aurora in January. My understanding is that it’s live on all the P&O ships now, but when I asked about this at reception they didn’t have the first clue what on earth I was talking about 😂 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies , it sounds like the Wi-Fi experience is better than I thought at sea . 

are there any particular places on the ship where the Wi-Fi is better than other places ?

im guessing it’s around £18 a day 

thanks 

12 minutes ago, johno11 said:

Thanks for the replies , it sounds like the Wi-Fi experience is better than I thought at sea . 

are there any particular places on the ship where the Wi-Fi is better than other places ?

im guessing it’s around £18 a day 

thanks 

My experience on Arcadia in August was that it was fine in the public rooms but not great in my cabin.

• Thanks 1

We are in an aft cabin and it is fine for us, last time we were on in July we were midships and couldn't even get the my holiday app to work most of the time, as far as I am aware Arcadia is still on the old system but it is working for us, possibly still not the case everywhere.

I don't carry my phone around on the ship so have not checked elsewhere.

We pre paid for single device basic internet, think it worked out more like £9 or £10 per day

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, johno11 said:

Has anyone found 3 or 4 g  internet while cruising in the English Channel ?

thanks 

I usually manage to get service for an hour or so when going through the Straights of Dover but, other than that, not a hope until you are within sight of a port. 

5 minutes ago, johno11 said:

Has anyone found 3 or 4 g  internet while cruising in the English Channel ?

thanks 

Did briefly in October the night before getting back in to Southampton.

A word of warning though.Although both myself and The Ole Lady got on line briefly at about the same time, The Ole Lady got a small bill, whilst I didn't.  And we're both with the same provider.