How do I get an account number out of P&O ?

kbt cruiser

5 minutes ago, kbt cruiser said:

I've been trying since we sailed in May. I have an account, but no account number. It seems to be impossible. My partner got his on our return, but I've had no joy at all

You log into your account with your email address and password. If you have a cruise booked you would use your cruise booking number. Is the account number you refer to the Peninsular number?

image.thumb.png.fcad85bc942e4d58539429024b3cd6fb.png

Oddly we had the same problem, I had an account number, my wife did not. She sent and email the week before last and got no response. The beginning of last week she tried ringing P&O, again with no luck. I took a chance and messaged P&O on Facebook last Friday evening and Saturday I got a response and within 10-15 minutes we had her account number, which we verified on her web site account.

Edited by AlexMcSpot

Hi Alex, you're reply mirrors my situation almost exactly, except that the account number they gave us came up as invalid when we tried to input it.

To the other two responders, no, the account number does not show up on our latest booking. We have registered, got the email confirmation and pressed the button to activate the account, but even that doesn't generate an account number. How can they make it so hard ?

1 hour ago, kbt cruiser said:

Hi Alex, you're reply mirrors my situation almost exactly, except that the account number they gave us came up as invalid when we tried to input it.

To the other two responders, no, the account number does not show up on our latest booking. We have registered, got the email confirmation and pressed the button to activate the account, but even that doesn't generate an account number. How can they make it so hard ?

I have never had an account number on my invoice, only the booking reference number and sometimes my Peninsular number. However I can log onto my general account using email address and password and onto "my P&O cruises" using the booking reference. 

Yes, By account number, I mean Peninsular number. It doesn't appear anywhere, including in the account, meaning we get no credit for cruises, no discounts for points accrued etc etc

It's realkly poor. (Also, my wife's passport number was wrong - it was her previous passport that expired in 2015, but the issue and expiry dates were correct for her current one). I think their database is screwed

The wife could log onto her account, but there was no account number in her details and she didn't have any Peninsular Club details, nor any loyalty points. Whereas my account details showed an account number and I could see the Peninsular Club details, including points. The wife added the account number supplied by P&O to her account details, logged out and then back in and it now shows the Peninsular Club details, including points.

I assumed the account number and Peninsular Club number are one and the same.

5 minutes ago, kbt cruiser said:

Yes, By account number, I mean Peninsular number. It doesn't appear anywhere, including in the account, meaning we get no credit for cruises, no discounts for points accrued etc etc

It's realkly poor. (Also, my wife's passport number was wrong - it was her previous passport that expired in 2015, but the issue and expiry dates were correct for her current one). I think their database is screwed

You lead me to believe that you have an account, if you log in using your email address and password there is a box titled "My Details" your Peninsular club number should be listed under "My account number" there are several other boxes with details of past cruises and points accrued etc. 

1 minute ago, AlexMcSpot said:

I assumed the account number and Peninsular Club number are one and the same.

They are, but it can be confusing giving the same number two different titles. As we are registered for emails we always get a Peninsular club update after each cruise, or every 12 months if we don't cruise that year.

Just now, kbt cruiser said:

@Yorkshirephil - yes, Peninsular number is blank, and previous cruise in May is missing. They are treating this as her first P&O cruise

OK, then I suggest you contact one/both the followin;Guests can contact the P&O Cruises Peninsular Club via telephone: 0345 357 6969 (Local call charges apply) or by email - loyalty@pocruises.com. 

8 minutes ago, kbt cruiser said:

@Yorkshirephil - yes, Peninsular number is blank, and previous cruise in May is missing. They are treating this as her first P&O cruise

Did you use a travel agent for your booking, sometimes they don't check with the cruise line and each cruise you look like a new customer until you chase P&O.

I had a problem with a Cunard booking in May where my travel agent just pushed through my cruise to make sure I got on. My invoice/booking showed new cruiser and I had to tell Cunard later to get my Diamond status put on.

Is your cruise imminent and you need your benefits sorting son?

@Megabear2 Interestingly that is what made us realise there was a problem. We were comparing prices between P&O and another cruise booking site (begins with an 'Ig') and their web form required both numbers, which we didn't have.  Now it accepts both with no problem, accept we still can't decide where next... 🤔

Well I've just logged in out of interest.  My number shows absolutely nowhere.  I've looked under every section. Yes, I can see my past cruises and my forthcoming ones with expected points but my number, nope.

However if I do a mock booking my number automatically comes through and my current bookings show it clearly.

A mystery.

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well I've just logged in out of interest.  My number shows absolutely nowhere.  I've looked under every section. Yes, I can see my past cruises and my forthcoming ones with expected points but my number, nope.

However if I do a mock booking my number automatically comes through and my current bookings show it clearly.

A mystery.

Mine shows in "My details" a mystery, but this is P&O tech.

24 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Mine shows in "My details" a mystery, but this is P&O tech.

Only way I see it at present is left hand side of my bookings or by buying something!  As I'm intrigued I've checked my Cunard and Princess accounts and everything is shown.  Definitely P&O c..k up!

• Haha 1

After giving this some thought I have created an account for Mrs YP, albeit she has had a Portunas then Peninsular number since we completed our first 15 nights qualification. The account was created almost instantly with an email to validate the request. I have logged on and her account is identical to mine, as you would expect including her Peninsular number in "My details" I can see why it is an issue to create an account if you don't know your Peninsular number. 

I think P&O probably give everyone a Peninsular number once the first 15 nights are complete, however if I had not put Mrs YP's number in my spreadsheet many moons ago I wouldn't know what it was as she never gets any info from P&O as I am always the lead passenger.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

After giving this some thought I have created an account for Mrs YP, albeit she has had a Portunas then Peninsular number since we completed our first 15 nights qualification. The account was created almost instantly with an email to validate the request. I have logged on and her account is identical to mine, as you would expect including her Peninsular number in "My details" I can see why it is an issue to create an account if you don't know your Peninsular number. 

I think P&O probably give everyone a Peninsular number once the first 15 nights are complete, however if I had not put Mrs YP's number in my spreadsheet many moons ago I wouldn't know what it was as she never gets any info from P&O as I am always the lead passenger.

That might be more to do with her settings, if she (or you) have not ticked the right boxes she wont get any e-mails or post from them.

Thanks everyone. After 50 minutes on hold (the dedicated Peninsular Club number is a robot that just diverts you to general enquiries), I got an agent who couldn't explain what is going on. She could see my wife's details including account number and past cruises. She gave me the number, but their website said it was invalid, but at least we know all the data is in there somewhere even if we can't access it. So we now have the number if nothing else. It seems like their database is corrupted and they don't know how to fix it. They could see all the Princess and Cunard cruises too on my wife's account, but only P&O ones on mine. All very weird. On our new current booking, she confirmed the numbers were both on the booking summary, which I've printed out..... and they're not.

I've spent far too long on this nonsense

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That might be more to do with her settings, if she (or you) have not ticked the right boxes she wont get any e-mails or post from them.

She didn't have any settings until I created the account earlier. I have set her settings to not get emails etc as that would duplicate the ones I get. I have left her setting for receipt of loyalty date set positive.

1 hour ago, kbt cruiser said:

She gave me the number, but their website said it was invalid

@kbt cruiser You probably tried this already, but in case not... The peninsular club number for the website should be 8 characters, but sometimes it has been quoted as 10 characters - if you're using 10 characters, you need to drop the 'PO' at the front. For example, if your peninsular club number is quoted as POAB12345C, then the website is expecting only AB12345C. I've had this problem in the past, I hope this might help.