Departing Allure

Midwestgal

I have an 8:30 shuttle that leaves by 8:30 when I depart Allure. I’m walking off with my luggage. How much time should I allow to get off and through customs ? I’m thinking 7:30? Haven’t cruised in a long while so I’m really unsure.

thanks in advance 

4 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

How much time should I allow to get off and through customs ?

I agree with better safe than sorry, but since you haven't cruised in a while, if you're not aware...

As long as you sailed with a Passport, going through customs now just means showing your face to a facial recognition screen for 2 seconds and then walking right through. I disembarked Allure on 10/30 and was out of the terminal in minutes. It goes very smoothly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I agree with better safe than sorry, but since you haven't cruised in a while, if you're not aware...

As long as you sailed with a Passport, going through customs now just means showing your face to a facial recognition screen for 2 seconds and then walking right through. I disembarked Allure on 10/30 and was out of the terminal in minutes. It goes very smoothly.

Really, that’s interesting. It’s been a while so yes this is new . Good to know, thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Really, that’s interesting. It’s been a while so yes this is new . Good to know, thanks

Keep in mind the facial recognition software occasionally has issues. When that happens, they revert to personally checking everyone’s passport like the “old” days, which leads to long lines in the terminal. I don’t think it happens too often, but I have been lucky enough to experience it three times in the last year (twice at Port Everglades and once at Port Canaveral). 

31 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Keep in mind the facial recognition software occasionally has issues. When that happens, they revert to personally checking everyone’s passport like the “old” days, which leads to long lines in the terminal. I don’t think it happens too often, but I have been lucky enough to experience it three times in the last year (twice at Port Everglades and once at Port Canaveral). 

Thanks

2 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Hardly anyone uses a passport for 3/4 day cruises at PC, from our experiences seeing the lines 

No lines at passport (facial recognition at 7:15am today)

As Mike says, takes 2 mins tops 

But a long line at the birth certificate line 

(not sure how long that takes)

People were walking off self assist before 7am

From stepping off ship to leaving terminal 

9 minutes 😎 

Oh wow. I’ll be using my passport so good to know this.

• Like 1