Value Trips bookings for 2024

Tru_blu68

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I got my confirmation yesterday! So, Jan 9 booking request to Jan 16 confirmation.

Thank you all! I will confirm with Hyatt directly just in case, because I do that, and I am looking forward to staying there for the first time.

They have an interesting way of managing these VT bookings. I have a reservation for mid-October, confirmed by my VT Email. When I access my Hyatt account, there is no sign of that booking, and when I do a search using the confirmation number, there is still no sign of the booking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

They have an interesting way of managing these VT bookings. I have a reservation for mid-October, confirmed by my VT Email. When I access my Hyatt account, there is no sign of that booking, and when I do a search using the confirmation number, there is still no sign of the booking.

Call the Hotel

7 hours ago, lx200gps said:

The last time I used VT (for a December 2023 stay), I couldn't find the reservation under my Hyatt account but could find it with the VT confirmation number. When I called the World of Hyatt number, the rep was able to add the reservation to my Hyatt account even though I wouldn't earn any credit for the stay. The only difference after my call is they added a note about free breakfast to my reservation and it was not there before I called.

1 hour ago, screenname2004 said:

The last time I used VT (for a December 2023 stay), I couldn't find the reservation under my Hyatt account but could find it with the VT confirmation number. When I called the World of Hyatt number, the rep was able to add the reservation to my Hyatt account even though I wouldn't earn any credit for the stay. The only difference after my call is they added a note about free breakfast to my reservation and it was not there before I called.

How were you able to find it in your Hyatt account? The only reference number I have is the one supplied by VT, and it does not register with the Hyatt site, it yields an error message.

29 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

How were you able to find it in your Hyatt account? The only reference number I have is the one supplied by VT, and it does not register with the Hyatt site, it yields an error message.

I was able to look up my reservation last year. The only reason I called was because a few people here said if I attach the reservation to my World of Hyatt account I get free breakfast. 

17 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Why? I have the confirmation number, why would I waste my time calling them?

I have been using V.T, for many years. You might have a BIG surprise when you show up at the hotel and the do not have your booking. Yes I have seen it many times here on Cruise Critic. You need to double check when going thru a second party. You will not have a room, this is a smaller hotel and are usually booked 100%.

12 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

I have been using V.T, for many years. You might have a BIG surprise when you show up at the hotel and the do not have your booking. Yes I have seen it many times here on Cruise Critic. You need to double check when going thru a second party. You will not have a room, this is a smaller hotel and are usually booked 100%.

Fair enough. Rather than calling the hotel, I'll probably start by calling Hyatt directly and having them put the booking into their system so it shows up in my account.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Fair enough. Rather than calling the hotel, I'll probably start by calling Hyatt directly and having them put the booking into their system so it shows up in my account.

They should be able to

enter your Hyatt number and it will show up.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They should be able to

enter your Hyatt number and it will show up.

"They" being Hyatt, or the HP hotel itself? If the hotel can do it, I'll call them. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

"They" being Hyatt, or the HP hotel itself? If the hotel can do it, I'll call them. Thanks.

I always call the hotel, verify the booking was made and ask them to enter my Hyatt number.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I always call the hotel, verify the booking was made and ask them to enter my Hyatt number.

I did call the hotel (Hyatt Place) to confirm and they transferred me to Hyatt and they input the reservation into my Hyatt account.

A week later I ended up getting a better rate with Hyatt directly then ValueTrips. Went into my account and cancelled the VT reservation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

I did call the hotel (Hyatt Place) to confirm and they transferred me to Hyatt and they input the reservation into my Hyatt account.

A week later I ended up getting a better rate with Hyatt directly then ValueTrips. Went into my account and cancelled the VT reservation.

Interesting data point, thanks. I guess I'll just call Hyatt directly myself. I assume you just quoted to Hyatt the confirmation number from the VT Email? I was curious as to whether that was a VT reference # or a Hyatt #, sounds like it's the latter.  As to saving by booking directly, I don't think that's an option for us. I booked with VT for $129, but the Hyatt site, for our specific date in October, wanted north of $500. I'm still amazed at how VT manages to do this ;o)

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

To follow up, it now seems that Valuetrips can't always be trusted. I just spoke to the hotel's Director of Sales, who is their "Valuetrips guy" As soon as I quoted him the date off our VT reservation, he immediately responded that that was impossible, as our date is in a blackout period and VT should absolutely not have given us the reservation. Seems Taylor Swift is invading FL at that time.  When I made the booking a month ago, our date was definitely NOT in a blackout, so it appears that the blackout periods are very fluid.

Prices at that date near the port are stratospheric but happily, the Riverside is still quite nominal, so that will be our new home for the night.  Our usual Renaissance would come in at over $C800 for the night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

To follow up, it now seems that Valuetrips can't always be trusted. I just spoke to the hotel's Director of Sales, who is their "Valuetrips guy" As soon as I quoted him the date off our VT reservation, he immediately responded that that was impossible, as our date is in a blackout period and VT should absolutely not have given us the reservation. Seems Taylor Swift is invading FL at that time.  When I made the booking a month ago, our date was definitely NOT in a blackout, so it appears that the blackout periods are very fluid.

Prices at that date near the port are stratospheric but happily, the Riverside is still quite nominal, so that will be our new home for the night.  Our usual Renaissance would come in at over $C800 for the night

Wow, never had a problem.

So, your rate is not being honored?

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Wow, never had a problem.

So, your rate is not being honored?

Nope, not only was the rate not being honored, he confirmed that we did not even HAVE a reservation, despite my having the VT confirmation Email. I don't think the hotel is to blame, as he definitely knew all abut that date and said I never should have been allowed to book it. It seems pretty clear that VT are the culprits here. The hotel Sales Director sent me a nice apologetic Email which was very professional of him, but I have now booked the Riverside. The hotel prices all over Fort Lauderdale for that one weekend are astoundingly high, but for some reason the Riverside had lots of availability at "normal" rates almost half of everybody else. Prices even way out in Plantation are very high for that weekend as well.  This will be our first ever stay at the Riverside, looking forward to it. Sadly, our flight doesn't land until until 8PM, so not much time to enjoy the neighborhood.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Does ValueTrips allow cancellation?

According to the Email I received from VT, confirming the non-existent reservation, they do allow cancellations. Their exact wording is:

Please call the hotel directly to change or cancel your reservation. You may also visit Hyatt.com (cancellations only).

In my case, the reservation never showed up on the Hyatt site.

On 1/19/2024 at 7:49 AM, lx200gps said:

If your date was 10/ 17 thru 10/19 it is clearly blacked out on their web site???? your date?

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

If your date was 10/ 17 thru 10/19 it is clearly blacked out on their web site???? your date?

It was not blacked out when I booked it. I made very sure of the dates when I booked, using the blackout dates on their website. Our dates of Oct 18-19 WERE absolutely, 100% inside the bookable window. Strange that VT would have allowed us to book, and to this date have not told us that our booking is invalid, leaving that responsibility to the hotel.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, lx200gps said:

It was not blacked out when I booked it. I made very sure of the dates when I booked, using the blackout dates on their website. Our dates of Oct 18-19 WERE absolutely, 100% inside the bookable window. Strange that VT would have allowed us to book, and to this date have not told us that our booking is invalid, leaving that responsibility to the hotel.

Those dates are indeed blacked out. At the very bottom there are several that are blacked out.

Not valid with any other offers or discounts, during holidays, special events, 1/4-3/31/24, 4/5-4/6, 4/12, 4/19-4/20, 7/1-7/6, 7/14-7/17, 10/17-10/19, 10/29-11/3 or 12/31/24. Offers may 

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

Those dates are indeed blacked out. At the very bottom there are several that are blacked out.

Not valid with any other offers or discounts, during holidays, special events, 1/4-3/31/24, 4/5-4/6, 4/12, 4/19-4/20, 7/1-7/6, 7/14-7/17, 10/17-10/19, 10/29-11/3 or 12/31/24. Offers may 

I was very careful when I selected the dates, and the date of 18-19 October, as I said previously, WAS outside the blackout window and bookable. Whether you believe it or not, I checked a number of times before I made the booking. You don't seem to believe that they can, and did, modify the list of blackout dates after I made our booking and added that date range. Their own fine print says they can make such changes at will.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I was very careful when I selected the dates, and the date of 18-19 October, as I said previously, WAS outside the blackout window and bookable. Whether you believe it or not, I checked a number of times before I made the booking. You don't seem to believe that they can, and did, modify the list of blackout dates after I made our booking and added that date range. Their own fine print says they can make such changes at will.

The black out dates are right there after((( special events.))))  been there since they were first posted. I checked for them daily as we were looking for dates in May for our cruise 5/20. Websites do make mistakes, thats why I had told you to check with the hotel to see if you indeed had a reservation, I have been booking with them for many years and know what to look for. Sorry that you had issues.

5 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

The black out dates are right there after((( special events.))))  been there since they were first posted. I checked for them daily as we were looking for dates in May for our cruise 5/20. Websites do make mistakes, thats why I had told you to check with the hotel to see if you indeed had a reservation, I have been booking with them for many years and know what to look for. Sorry that you had issues.

I'm still questioning why they would let someone book a date that according to Hyatt and the hotel itself, is currently blacked out, give me a formal confirmation number, and to this date have still not told me they made a mistake. I'm wondering if they ever will correct their error.

• Like 1