My first experience of Iona after many cruises on smaller ships

Powellj3

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Maybe a more accurate description would be holiday complex at sea. As with a complex on land people can stay in the complex and enjoy the facilities or go out and take tours and explore, bigger complex, usually more facilities. Complex at sea more places to explore. I am sure we all see it differently. 

I am looking forward to seeing how we compare Iona's Caribbean 35 nighter, to previous Ventura ones we have done.  The length of the cruise  the number of sea days, and the hot weather always made Ventura seem more laid back and relaxing, I am hoping for the same feeling on Iona.

Clearly P&O must believe it's a winner, otherwise they would not have included another one in the winter 26 programme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am looking forward to seeing how we compare Iona's Caribbean 35 nighter, to previous Ventura ones we have done.  The length of the cruise  the number of sea days, and the hot weather always made Ventura seem more laid back and relaxing, I am hoping for the same feeling on Iona.

Clearly P&O must believe it's a winner, otherwise they would not have included another one in the winter 26 programme.

Me too, we have done the long Caribbean cruises on Ventura, Oceana and Arcadia and loved them all, they have always been full so the demand is there. When we booked Iona in Nov 22  the future cruise manager who took our booking said sales were doing well when compared to the usual Ventura cruises. It will be interesting to see how prices hold up nearer sailing date, especially as some of us have taken advantage of onboard offers to re-book. I think Iona will suit us just fine.

I tried a long cruise to the Caribbean on Oceana several years ago. 24 nights  from Southampton for £130 more than an equivalent 14 night fly cruise. That is £130 for an extra 10 days holiday, and i like sea days. We called at the Azores there and back. £13 per night and the ship was not full 😀🤑

• Like 3