TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

7 minutes ago, JGmf said:

The elusive 4 aces with only one held.  That's freakin magical!

I once watched a guy at the Flamingo throw away his entire junk hand and get dealt a freakin Royal. I’ll never get over that one. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I once watched a guy at the Flamingo throw away his entire junk hand and get dealt a freakin Royal. I’ll never get over that one. 

Waiting for a friend to eat, standing by $5 progressive VP bank at Bellagio - I bet only one unit to kill time - I get dealt 4 to the royal, draw it on the next card.  Yeah, an unexpected, excellent $4k win, but a craw-eating $24k progressive paper loss b/c didn't play the full $25.  (Dinner was good though!).

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Need to get drinks at Sea View tomorrow. Didn’t open day one and just 11-5 today, gotta catch it 

IMG_0533.thumb.jpeg.72bed237e3e5903d49eac4dcd3d03108.jpeg

OK--now I KNOW you & DH are brothers from another mother.

1st the hat selection--and now the DUDES??!

Yes, he owns the same pair...among several others...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, KKB said:

OK--now I KNOW you & DH are brothers from another mother.

1st the hat selection--and now the DUDES??!

Yes, he owns the same pair...among several others...

ha! I have about as many pairs of Dudes as I do Hawaiian shirts!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have yet to post my review of my Regal sailing from 11/12 - 11/19, but one thing I'll say is that the bed was very comfortable (I had the queen size since I was in an inside cabin by myself on deck 10, mom and sister were in mini suite on 15).  The only weird thing is that while the bed was comfortable, I did not sleep very well.  I don't know if it's because I was always sleeping in the middle - maybe they need to add extra padding when both beds are together.  Also, those first two days...I felt the ship rocking.  I'd never experienced that before on a cruise.  

• Like 3

Just now, trafaelwyr said:

I have yet to post my review of my Regal sailing from 11/12 - 11/19, but one thing I'll say is that the bed was very comfortable (I had the queen size since I was in an inside cabin by myself on deck 10, mom and sister were in mini suite on 15).  The only weird thing is that while the bed was comfortable, I did not sleep very well.  I don't know if it's because I was always sleeping in the middle - maybe they need to add extra padding when both beds are together.  Also, those first two days...I felt the ship rocking.  I'd never experienced that before on a cruise.  

I’m almost all the way aft up high and there’s some definite vibration but honestly I love it; maybe I’m weird about it, but I probably sleep better on cruises than any other time, it’s like I’m being rocked to sleep

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, trafaelwyr said:

excited to see that review, btw!

Boy, those of us with starboard balconies have enjoyed some serious sunshine the whole way down. Its perfect because the temperature is cool enough that with the breeze it’s nowhere near hot enough to be uncomfortable, just pre unadulterated tropical bliss 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’m almost all the way aft up high and there’s some definite vibration but honestly I love it; maybe I’m weird about it, but I probably sleep better on cruises than any other time, it’s like I’m being rocked to sleep

My cabin was deck 10 C204 - which is an inside cabin near the front.  Not a bad location...but a word of warning...the music, etc from the Princess Theater on deck 7 makes it all the way up to deck 10.  For the life of me, I couldn't understand where all the noise was coming from until I looked at the schematic of the ship.  Lesson learned, don't get a cabin there.  Also, mom and sister mentioned hearing the chairs/loungers being moved about on deck 16 above them.

• Like 3

Just now, trafaelwyr said:

My cabin was deck 10 C204 - which is an inside cabin near the front.  Not a bad location...but a word of warning...the music, etc from the Princess Theater on deck 7 makes it all the way up to deck 10.  For the life of me, I couldn't understand where all the noise was coming from until I looked at the schematic of the ship.  Lesson learned, don't get a cabin there.  Also, mom and sister mentioned hearing the chairs/loungers being moved about on deck 16 above them.

yeah I had the same issue your mom did once. I try my best to not book right below a pool area above all else for that reason. Only thing I’ve heard more frequent/worse is the Carnival ships that have Cucina del Capitano right below the basketball court 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So as far as announcements go on Princess, embarkation day notwithstanding we’re looking at basically one a day. The Captain comes on and chimes the bells at noon each day with an operational update, and then the CD chimes in immediately after for one lengthy announcement. That’s all. At least on sea days. 

• Like 7