First Celebrity Cruise....several questions!

lhogan11

Hi, after 32 cruises on most of the other lines, this December will be our first cruise on Celebrity Apex. We are booked in a concierge class room and I'm reading conflicting information regarding what this includes. The Celebrity site gives me an error message when I search. Some websites say it includes prepaid gratuities, priority embarkation and debarkation among other things. Can anyone confirm what this perk provides? Any other tips would be appreciated.

LH

Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Celebrity?  There are many different packages/pricings on cabins.  Some include beverage packages, internet and gratuities…some are basic rate.  Priority embarkation was suspended after cruising resumed post covid and hasn’t returned.  Only Suite and Zenith passengers get priority boarding now.  Best to ask whomever you booked with for full clarification.

Generally if you book on Celebrity you will begin by booking with no perks but possibly a promotion during certain sales.    As you proceed through the booking process you will be requested if you wish to included

image.thumb.png.b1accfcbf9a5fc04770e80b95582aa0f.png

You will then be asked if

image.thumb.png.b8feebb8c88faa8a761d584006827c4b.png

Then you will be asked if you would like to prepay Gratuities -   In October of this year they eliminated gratuities as part of the all included.    If I'm not mistaken the drink package is the Classic but you can later upgrade it if you choose.

And finally you can choose to add insurance or to book a Fully Refundable fare.

To get comfortable on Celebrity I would recommend you do a mock booking.   Just go to the cruise and pretend like you will book ....  On the final page it will show you your fare and what is included.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally if you book on Celebrity you will begin by booking with no perks but possibly a promotion during certain sales.    As you proceed through the booking process you will be requested if you wish to included

image.thumb.png.b1accfcbf9a5fc04770e80b95582aa0f.png

You will then be asked if

image.thumb.png.b8feebb8c88faa8a761d584006827c4b.png

Then you will be asked if you would like to prepay Gratuities -   In October of this year they eliminated gratuities as part of the all included.    If I'm not mistaken the drink package is the Classic but you can later upgrade it if you choose.

And finally you can choose to add insurance or to book a Fully Refundable fare.

To get comfortable on Celebrity I would recommend you do a mock booking.   Just go to the cruise and pretend like you will book ....  On the final page it will show you your fare and what is included.

We booked prior to October. I assume I will need to call their 800 number to confirm what was in place prior to the changes?

Thanks for your response,

LH

1 hour ago, lhogan11 said:

We booked prior to October. I assume I will need to call their 800 number to confirm what was in place prior to the changes?

LH

You also need to find out if you booked All Included.

We are also new to X and will be sailing on the Ascent in February. We will be eating in one of the 4 MDR’s and we selected anytime dining. When I went to book reservations the only options available were between 8:30 and 9:30. We prefer to eat earlier rather than later. My question is does X offer walk up dining in the 4 dining rooms for people without reservations? 

I did have my TA put us on the wait list for the 6 pm fixed time dining but don’t know if this will open up in the next 3 months or not. 

9 hours ago, lhogan11 said:

LH

If you booked with X directly, you should have received a booking Confirmation e mail which details  your fare, perks, date for final psment etc.

if you used a trvl agnt,  you can call them for details.

In addition to your booking inclusions, Concierge Class comes with a sep set of benefits.. We booked a Concierge cabin  for Silhouette and are still a bit unclear ourselves.  Hope someone can be definitive.

This list below is from the internet and may be outdated.. so some of these may have been deleted..  Did not know abt any diniig priority booking..so quesion on that.? 

You do get extra Cap Club points and on some ships the cabin is a bit larger. Used to have priority boarding.. not sure if that is still in place.  And I believe  there is a Concierge to assist with inquiries.

Concierge Amenities
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences.
  • Exclusive Concierge Class lunch.
  • Sparkling wine upon request.
  • Daily delectable delights.
  • Pillow selection upon request.
  • Use of umbrella and binoculars.
  • Celebrity embossed key holder.

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Celebrity?  There are many different packages/pricings on cabins.  Some include beverage packages, internet and gratuities…some are basic rate.  Priority embarkation was suspended after cruising resumed post covid and hasn’t returned.  Only Suite and Zenith passengers get priority boarding now.  Best to ask whomever you booked with for full clarification.

I booked through Celebrity and booked all inclusive