Studio balcony cabins - Virtuosa / Euribia / Grandiosa

showingdiva

Does anyone have any experiences of these?

The connecting door bothers me, as does the thought of the ones on deck 14 as they are underneath the Marketplace.    Also both Virtuosa and Euribia have a bit of a wiggle at the aft end (certainly in the Marketplace).   

They're very much worlds apart from my usual mid-ship, single occupancy ones, but the price is quite attractive on certain cruises.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

Thanks.   I've read thought it, but the ship is Meraviglia, very similar but not quite.

I think I'm talking myself out of it in favour of my usual mid ship balcony.   The aft location and the connecting door are the main off putting factors, 

Personally I'd love the aft location, but I avoid cabins with connecting doors at all cost.

I'm sure they can be perfectly fine, but noise travels more easily through the door and if you are unlucky with your neighbors then it may not be great...

• Like 2

However, from what I've been able to surmise the aft cabins are below the last half of the Marketplace buffet is actually roped off during the evenings so hopefully not too much noise emanating from this area except perhaps the cleaning crew for a while?  Not sure, but I did go ahead and book cabin 14256 which is an aft solo balcony right beneath the Marketplace Buffet, with unfortunately a connecting door with adjacent cabin.   Fingers crossed!  Just so happy to be able to afford a balcony cabin on as a solo passenger.  Sailing on Jan 15 will keep CC posted on my experience with this cabin location.

14 hours ago, jaxdog315 said:

However, from what I've been able to surmise the aft cabins are below the last half of the Marketplace buffet is actually roped off during the evenings so hopefully not too much noise emanating from this area except perhaps the cleaning crew for a while?  Not sure, but I did go ahead and book cabin 14256 which is an aft solo balcony right beneath the Marketplace Buffet, with unfortunately a connecting door with adjacent cabin.   Fingers crossed!  Just so happy to be able to afford a balcony cabin on as a solo passenger.  Sailing on Jan 15 will keep CC posted on my experience with this cabin location.

Below the Marketplace would be a no go in any cabin to be honest.   It's a very busy place and the noise of chair scraping is bad enough in it, let alone under it.   That said, the under cover outside area, which these solo cabins are under is a very underused area for some reason, certainly on Virtuosa and Euribia, weather / temperature permitting.

I've decided to just absorb the cost of a standard cabin as solo occupancy.   I appreciate it's not doable for everyone though.

• Thanks 1