Non-Alcoholic Drink Package

island visitor

Thinking about purchasing this package.  Have a couple of questions.  Is there a soda drink machine like on Royal Caribbean or do you have to get them at one of the bars?  Do you get a can or in a glass?  Does anyone know what  the price of a can of soda is if you just purchase one and do not have the beverage package?  Just trying to decide if it’s worth the price to purchase the package.

39 minutes ago, island visitor said:

Thinking about purchasing this package.  Have a couple of questions.  Is there a soda drink machine like on Royal Caribbean or do you have to get them at one of the bars?  Do you get a can or in a glass?  Does anyone know what  the price of a can of soda is if you just purchase one and do not have the beverage package?  Just trying to decide if it’s worth the price to purchase the package.

There is no drink machine. You get a can at any bar or in the OV Cafe. Not sure on pricing though.

1 hour ago, island visitor said:

Last time, lines were long to get a can of soda so this time I’m gonna bring a box of canned soda on board! 

I am a soda drinker and anytime we went past a bar we would get one until I had a little stock pile.  Every bar, el bacio, and the buffet had them and the wait was no longer than to get anything else  usually less than 5 minutes and often no line at all.  It is annoying the zero proof doesn't have 40-50% off sales.  Sodas are just under $4 by the time you add the gratuity. We had the all included or I would have brought my own.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, r2h2 said:

Can a person bring on more than a 12 pack of soda at embarkation? Can same person bring on more than a 12 pack of soda at a port stop?  If someone knows, please tell.  Thank you

I don't think they officially have a limit on non alcoholic beverages as long as it can reasonably be considered personal consumption. Not sure about the ports.  Again I am not sure if Celebrity has published a policy either way.  

8 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

It is annoying the zero proof doesn't have 40-50% off sales.   

Agree completely!   The Classic package my friend is getting is $9 a day more than the NA one I want.  I do drink alcohol, but maybe 1 drink every 4 days, so it isn't worth spending more $ on it, but it's annoying that unlimited alcohol is almost the same price as my NA package!

6 hours ago, r2h2 said:

How much is the NA package?

It's $26.99/day for my cruise.   It has consistently shown that price is a 10% discount, while the other 2 drink packages have fluctuated and had up to 40%  off at times.   

9 hours ago, r2h2 said:

How much is the NA package?

Right now, it's 26.99/day for my sailing. That's on sale from 30.99, lol.  I'm bummed that it's not getting the better sale pricing like the alcoholic packages are. Im not booking it at this price. (I'm not an alcohol drinker.)

6 minutes ago, blueslily said:

... I'm bummed that it's not getting the better sale pricing like the alcoholic packages are...

They just don't have the same markup on NA beverages as they do on alcohol. The minimum markup must be met for the bean counters.

Is there a bar on board that dispenses sodas via a machine?  Like when I go to an establishment to eat, I order one Coke Zero and the refills come free of charge.  Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

This is our first cruise. We drink mainly water, coffee ( incl. espresso), and teas with the occasional soda. It doesn't dound like a  drinks packsge eould make sense for us but if anyone can enlighten me I'd be grateful. We had to scramble to get the ladt verandah cabin because this whole idea only occurred to us recently. I had no idea how early things book up!

1 hour ago, esmex said:

This is our first cruise. We drink mainly water, coffee ( incl. espresso), and teas with the occasional soda. It doesn't dound like a  drinks packsge eould make sense for us but if anyone can enlighten me I'd be grateful. We had to scramble to get the ladt verandah cabin because this whole idea only occurred to us recently. I had no idea how early things book up!

The drink packages at current prices probably doesn’t make sense for you however you have to do the pricing to see if it does.

ie, how many espresso drinks a day, how many fancy teas a day (regular tea is included, fancy tea is extra), smoothies, sodas, bottled water.

Considering the convenience of a package the breakeven for us is about $18 a day for nonalcoholic and about $30 a day for classic alcohol package.

Over that we pay as you go.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

we bring  our TERVIS TUMBLERS.

Good for hot and cold drinks.

Better than drinking from a can, esp with the weak straws nowadays!

Glass around any  pool area is dangerous. 

But hardly needs to be a  Cruise Crituc controversy!

We love our Tervis tumblers, we need to go to their store to get a few replaced, have more than gotten our $$ worth

• Like 1