Is this routine?

klfrodo

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm going to side with the OP on this. There is no reason they can't notify the occupants of the cabin that they will be in the cabin for maintenance issues. I don't think they need to ask for permission, but they should make the notify as a courtesy to the guest that is staying there.

I agree it's better if they give a heads up to the occupant.  But...

4 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I was upset and voiced my concern to the crew members, the cabin steward, Guest Services, and the Director of Hotel Services. I lit into the Director of Hotel Services

Is going a little overboard, don't you think?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, klfrodo said:

While I respect most people's feedback, I'm still going to disagree.

Whether staying in a hotel, a condo, a resort, an apartment, an Air B&B, or a ship stateroom, while I'm staying in these locations, I should have a sense of safety and security as if I were in my own home.

There is implied consent that housekeeping will be in and out. There is no implied consent for other people to be entering my space without some form of notification. Hotels notify you. Apartment complexes notify you. Resort management notifies you. It's not too much to ask that cruise ships notify you.

How was your safety and security compromised? I suggest you read the cruise contract the next time you book a cruise, you sound very uninformed. 

• Like 3