LIVE REPORT Christmas Markets-MSC Euribia 1-8th Dec 2023 -New Ship-YC Balcony suite

ConnieTact

People getting off the ship. The folk who are going home (with cases etc) have a longer walk to the cruise terminal. (Bottom right of picture) 

IMG_4585.thumb.jpeg.9bcf4ef92be0e59c7badbd861f5710af.jpeg

Those going to the shuttle turn right. There now seems to be a very long queue for the shuttle. Actually two! 
IMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.f96d45b077cc4f9d29d6dec2ce03989e.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact

The taxi line is not as long but only one taxi every 10 minutes or so. 
I highly recommend speaking to whoever you are next to in the ‘line’ and ask if they would like to share a taxi with you. Half the price and possibly less of a wait! 

IMG_4589.jpeg

• Like 2

Update- the queue for shuttle seems just as long. There was 10 minutes between them.

just now the taxi line seems to be the quickest with three taxis on a line at one time! The taxi company obviously put the word out! 
If we catch one later, I’ll report how much it cost. 

Here’s the information regarding the shuttle bus.

IMG_4596.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday we got off the ship in the afternoon after the queues had gone. We decided it best to get a taxi as this cost  a flat fare of €10 to the centre. The shuttle is €14 each return, so for two or more people it is cheaper.

When we were coming home we stood at the Taxi rank for 15 minutes and, as it was starting to get cold and there were no taxis in sight, we decided to walk back to the ship. The walk is an easy flat one with only one slight incline. It takes 25 minutes and around a mile and a half. There was a huge queue for the shuttle. 

IMG_4598.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

• Like 1

In Le Havre we looked for a Christmas market and although there were a few wooden shacks there they weren’t open or being used yet- perhaps a bit early for this. Hopefully they will be open for later cruises to enjoy.

We walked accords the square and around the shopping area to look at the seasonal displays in the shop windows. Here are a few of them.

IMG_4640.thumb.jpeg.e0874758ad774f97ecdc38eb294f27a9.jpeg

I loved this idea! A Christmas macaroon tree! Looks great and I bet it’s delicious too!

IMG_4638.thumb.jpeg.dd84016362a42ce8354cf5e2642fd632.jpeg

also, This shop front was my favourite, so very beautiful and pastels for Christmas? Not a colour scheme I have ever tried but this does look fabulous!

IMG_4632.thumb.jpeg.191829e05046a2e7affd46a2ddea166f.jpeg

IMG_4629.thumb.jpeg.3cf9e2b5041f977c7288c831e37ba2cf.jpeg

• Like 2

We decided to take it easy and make full use of room service last night. We had pizzas in the room and drinks delivery too. The service was prompt and excellent.

we watched TV and took a break from the ship’s entertainment offerings.

IMG_4256.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

We decided to take it easy and make full use of room service last night. We had pizzas in the room and drinks delivery too. The service was prompt and excellent.

we watched TV and took a break from the ship’s entertainment offerings.

IMG_4256.jpeg

Sometimes something simple makes for the most relaxing evening...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

Sometimes something simple makes for the most relaxing evening...

So true! Pizza is Mr CTs favourite and it’s never served in YC restaurant! It’s ok in a balcony suite as there’s a table but less comfortable in an inside. 

• Like 3

Hola! Was unexpectedly closed this lunch time so our booking was. Moved to Le Grill.

i knew I wouldn’t want a marinas I don’t eat steak. I asked about the diver sole but that wasn’t included with our package and would have cost an extra €17.50 and I didn’t think it was worth that for me. So, I asked for three side dishes instead. They didn’t charge extra for this (as only one included). I chose a jacket potato with two veg dishes. The menu did not indicate the pan roasted Brussels were cooked with bacon, so would be a strange discovery if one is vegetarian.  the asparagus side was over salted with sea salt but the replacement was tasty, crunchy and serve hot. 
MrCT enjoyed his NY strip steak and we both enjoyed the desserts. Service was fine but if the place was busy I think they’d struggle. There were only five tables taken while we were there.

IMG_4664.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4667.jpeg

IMG_4670.jpeg

IMG_4669.jpeg

IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4673.jpeg

• Like 1

Le Grill replaces the Butchers Cut on Virtuosa and is located in the French bar L’Atelier du Voyageur.

Another difference is that Robbie the robot bar tender and his bar has been replaced by Helios Wine Maker.
IMG_3953.thumb.jpeg.97de7b6c542f85b9d95f148ad63d87db.jpegThe manager showed us around and explained the concept of the wine tasting venue at an add on cost. There are fancy screens offering information on a wide variety of wines and regions of winemaking.IMG_5396.thumb.png.1e133d57d420b497e156927f2ffedc1d.pngIMG_3954.thumb.jpeg.07a353c9aac5b7464c3e01628cbb94a1.jpegIMG_3955.thumb.jpeg.f313a1e1863caa26a0c30bc9832419dd.jpeg

IMG_3957.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Le Grill replaces the Butchers Cut on Virtuosa and is located in the French bar L’Atelier du Voyageur.

Another difference is that Robbie the robot bar tender and his bar has been replaced by Helios Wine Maker.

Hi @ConnieTact, ever since returning from the Virtuosa, I've been doing some mental comparisons with your experience on the Euribia (beautiful photos, by the way, thank you sharing them!). And I've been wondering if you think Le Grill is an adequate replacement for Butcher's Cut? Do the "attendance" and menu feel comparable? And hopefully Helios gets more visits than Robbie ever did on the Virtuosa for us!

Also, the Carousel Lounge on the Euribia has the all-new design that looks packed to the gills every time they have a show there but the lounge on the Virtuosa was also criminally underused, so I'm wondering on your thoughts - which do you prefer, now that you've experienced both? Thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Looked at Le grill menu not impressed with the experience choices compared to butchers cut(that might have changed?)

No Fillet or lamb included, our go to.

Not essential if in YC as they do both there but when in cattle it's a treat.

Sadly the upgrade fairy has not arrived for tomorrows sailing so steerage again 😪.

I totally agree that the menu seems to have been downgraded. I expect soon Diamond members will lose the included meal as well. 

Will they allow 2 or 3 starters instead of an entree. ?

Hi @Connietact

Thank you for all your reports and photos this week. They have really added to our anticipation for first time Euribia tomorrow. We have enjoyed our trips on Virtuosa in the past so we are looking with interest to the changes. You have only shown the carousel lounge at nighttime. Are those wonderful views of the wake blocked off during the day. We hope not.

First time in an inside cabin. We decided that the time of year and the fact that we have been to all the ports before it was worth saving a few pounds.

Safe journey home and once again  THANKS

Derek & Fran 

57 minutes ago, derekthesailor said:

Hi @Connietact

Thank you for all your reports and photos this week. They have really added to our anticipation for first time Euribia tomorrow. We have enjoyed our trips on Virtuosa in the past so we are looking with interest to the changes. You have only shown the carousel lounge at nighttime. Are those wonderful views of the wake blocked off during the day. We hope not.

First time in an inside cabin. We decided that the time of year and the fact that we have been to all the ports before it was worth saving a few pounds.

Safe journey home and once again  THANKS

Derek & Fran 

Carousel lounge was available on Virtuosa during the day when no events.

Most never found it, quiet spot, no bar.

This should be a good change for Euribia much better use of the space.

There are 2 outside terraces.

Insides are fine for a week just go out a lot.