Tricks for tracking availability on a currently sold out cruise

Bridgetocaptain

I’m interested in a cruise set for later this month, but it appears to be completely sold out and is no longer showing on the Ncl website. As far as I can tell there is no concept of a waitlist. Any tips for getting alerted to an opening other than checking a million times per day? Also, is it unlikely that there will be a cancellation with less than 30 days out?

We set sail on the NCL Encore December 10-17 from Miami and I just checked online and it is completely sold out and no longer available. I am kind of shocked.  I thought most folks would still have kids in school, since it was too close to Christmas, and all that.  The last time we sailed prior to Covid was 5 years ago in December on the Bliss and it was not crowded at all. Still glad and so excited, but shocked it is sold out. 

What ship and date?

I can check the website of a travel company that has the contract to fill cabins until seventy two hours out from the cruise and tell you if any cabins are showing.

Unfortunately, I can not post the website on Cruise Critic as it is against the rules.

1 hour ago, Noworkforme23 said:

We set sail on the NCL Encore December 10-17 from Miami and I just checked online and it is completely sold out and no longer available. I am kind of shocked.  I thought most folks would still have kids in school, since it was too close to Christmas, and all that.  The last time we sailed prior to Covid was 5 years ago in December on the Bliss and it was not crowded at all. Still glad and so excited, but shocked it is sold out. 

The escape leaving today is pretty much sold out also.. was hoping for that in between sailing but no such luck.. that means the cruise lines are doing what they need to have full sailings 

59 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

What ship and date?

I can check the website of a travel company that has the contract to fill cabins until seventy two hours out from the cruise and tell you if any cabins are showing.

Unfortunately, I can not post the website on Cruise Critic as it is against the rules.

Thanks! I’m looking for the bliss sailing dec 24 to 31. I’m sure that’s laughable at this point, but will keep trying. 

I’ve only ever sailed with Ncl once before, so I don’t think I have a pcc as some are suggesting?

19 minutes ago, Bridgetocaptain said:

Thanks! I’m looking for the bliss sailing dec 24 to 31. I’m sure that’s laughable at this point, but will keep trying. 

I’ve only ever sailed with Ncl once before, so I don’t think I have a pcc as some are suggesting?

Just call the main number.  866-234-7350.

They'll hook you up.

1 hour ago, Bridgetocaptain said:

My website shows it as sold out.

However, inside, oceanview and balcony cabins are available for the five day departing on December 19.

4 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I see Club Balcony available right now.

And now it's gone. Oops.

Edited by cruiser2015

3 hours ago, Bridgetocaptain said:

Inside cabin open now for this one.

7 minutes ago, Bridgetocaptain said:

Don’t see it on the site now, but I’ll keep checking! Are you seeing this on the Ncl website or somewhere else?

NCL site.

Seconds before posting.

Punched it through to the pricing page.

The only class not sold out.

Edited by cruiser2015
  • Thanks 1

definitely keep checking.  the are probably processing upgrade request and as things shake out, you'll see cabins come and go.  the thing with this week is they are probably sailing over capacity, so they have to make sure they keep within the limits of the lifeboats.  As they are moving folks around, lifeboat capacity can open up, which means cabins may become available.