POT smoking on balcony?

On 12/3/2023 at 4:29 PM, George C said:

I remember back in the late 1980’s the cruise director told everyone to smoke or flush everything before going thru customs 😁😁😁

ah the 1980s when carnival had a topless sunbathing area (16 and up only) and several lines offered shooting clay pigeons of the aft of the ship.....with shotguns. 

ov1j2fhe7wuz.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:18 PM, Ret MP said:

LOL.  Of course, they have a morgue.  A ship can be days away from a port.  What would they do with a body?  Not put it in a food refrigerator, that's for sure.  And I too have seen the morgue and the holding cell for the bad boys/girls, it ain't a suite.  

The morgue on cruise ships is really only 4 refrigerated drawers.  Frequently used to store crew drug test samples, or noro samples.  And, there was a case recently where the ship's morgue was not operating, and they did place the corpse in a walk-in fridge (after removing all food stuffs), but I've been on a couple of cargo ships where a body was placed in the walk-in freezer (and there is only one or two) with the crew's food for many days until port was reached.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:13 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

The reason I go to GS about this is I don’t want the ship to catch on fire. 

no the ship is not going to start on fire from an errant cigarette. the reason you do that is because you deputized yourself to enforce obeying "the rules" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, crazyank said:

you might want to do a little research before making that statement.

And, again, because no other cause could be determined, it was assumed that the Star Princess fire was started by a cigarette, even though a Princess supplied towel (which was also assumed to be the seat of the fire) could not be ignited with a cigarette under laboratory conditions.  I don't condone smoking on balconies, but the risk of fire is at the bottom of my concerns, as someone who has trained for, and fought, shipboard fires for decades.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it was going become "heated" (pun intended).

Other variations:

Smoking on the Balcony

Vaping on the Balcony

Vaping in the Stateroom

Passive smoke from the designated smoking areas

I am giving this topic a wide berth but I still read all the comments.

🤐

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

ah the 1980s when carnival had a topless sunbathing area (16 and up only) and several lines offered shooting clay pigeons of the aft of the ship.....with shotguns. 

ov1j2fhe7wuz.jpg

I started cruising in the 70’s I remember the skeet shooting, I also saw topless by the regular pool on costa .

7 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

asthma be damned i say!!!!

Capture.JPG

Nope I have such a low tolerance I can't take gummies they knock me out ...even1/2 of one puts me to sleep. I tried a few different ones. I have touretts syndrome and was hoping to find something to help my tics.