Booking While Onboard....Benefits?

MsTabbyKats

33 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

What are the benefits of booking a cruise while onboard a ship?

Any additional OBC? I'm looking at a YC interior for Jan 2025...and cabins are going quickly. My next cruise is in April, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to wait.

Not sure if it has changed since June, but this is what we had as the onboard deal...

BookToday.jpg.a9d0f512352ce80fc30eea2875dc97cf.jpgIMG_1716.jpg.f4e204f3fbc802140cf2b3a8aae23a57.jpg

You also get any promotion currently running in your region.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Hmmm....my TA gives me a bit over (at least he did in the past) 10% reduction.  I guess I'll book with him.

Thanks for the replies..........

Your TA still gets the booking if your current cruise was booked through them, it is automatically transferred....

Edited by Mark_T

6 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Your TA still gets the booking if your current cruise was booked through them, it is automatically transferred....

LOL....I love MSC at sea....I don't trust MSC on land!

But suppose I don't want to use the TA?????  What a mess that would be!!!!!

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

LOL....I love MSC at sea....I don't trust MSC on land!

But suppose I don't want to use the TA?????  What a mess that would be!!!!!

You should be able to tell the onboard booking agent not to transfer the booking to your TA.  We did this on another cruise line when we decided to change TA's.  

Glad someone started this thread because I have a bone to pick with onboard booking and need an explanation as to what the perks really are. Price Match - not sure what that means, where are the terms and conditions. It does say at the bottom of the promo sheet that full details (related to the price match offer) are available at the future cruise consulting desk but why aren’t these derails disclosed on the promo sheet. Flexibility - again, what are the terms and conditions. I recently booked a B2B on the Seascape for next fall when I was onboard last month. When I returned home, I attempted to move my reservation back one week, wasn’t allowed. I would have lost my deposit and onboard credit. Three MSC agents told my TA that  you could move it forward but not back - why. Double Points - I believe this is correct. Reduced Deposits - the deposit I paid on board is the exact amount I pay when I book online. The onboard sales agent also told me the fare included the daily service charge. I assumed it was a perk, but when I looked at my cruise confirmation the amount was added to the fare as an extra charge. 

@gmbhardyFor reasons like this....miscommunication....is why I'm reluctant to book onboard.

However, I contacted my TA...and he said that if the booking is transferred to him, I'd still get his price reduction.  So, with that and the additional obc...I'm gonna just monitor my "intended" and book only beforehand if only 2 or less cabins are available.

He did tell me to let him know my plans...so he could give me the price...and make sure that the Future Cruise desk doesn't bump it up.