Princess San Francisco to Auckland September 2024 - weather

I'm assuming the question is related to weather conditions on crossing from US to NZ.

Ā 

Having done two WC's 2014 & 2018, coming across about that time of year, weather was really good both times.

Ā 

Except not good enough to make it into Easter Island.šŸ˜”

elkaycruiser I believe it would be a good chance that the weather would not be to rough, even at Easter Island it was sunny on both occasions.

Ā 

I don't believe your cruise intends to stop at Easter Island, which is a little disappointing for you.

Ā 

Regards

Ā 

45 minutes ago, elkaycruiser said:

Thank you everyone. I was needing to know about sea conditions. As there are lots of at sea days and not many port days, I was hoping to spend them relaxing by the pool.

I am sure you will be able to do that for the majority of the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elkaycruiser said:

Thank you everyone. I was needing to know about sea conditions. As there are lots of at sea days and not many port days, I was hoping to spend them relaxing by the pool.

You'll be cruising through the tropics most of the way. Ever read Ryme of the Ancient Mariner?

IIRC

Day after day, week after week

We stuck nor breath, nor motion

As idle as a painted ship

Upon a painted ocean

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by lyndarra

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

You'll be cruising through the tropics most of the way. Ever read Ryme of the Ancient Mariner?

IIRC

Upon a painted ocean

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Nice visual picture.

13 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

IIRC

Upon a painted ocean

Ā 

Ā 

Cool image, but the ships have engines now.

• Haha 1

Such idyllic conditions. Short memories of the altered course of two or 3 ships departing Vancouver/LA/SF this past September to dodge a West Coast storm. Also, Majestic Princess waiting off Auckland for a day at the end of her crossing before they could dock (a whole 6 weeks ago).

Ā 

There is a deep ocean crossing on either side of the tropical stuff. Usually not significantly rough weather, but rarely calm for the whole crossing either.

1 hour ago, elkaycruiser said:

16 sea days to 8 port days, max of 5 sea days in a row, almost a perfect voyage in my book.šŸ˜Š

• Like 3

I did a similar cruise in October this year. The weather was warm, humid tropical weather for the islands. We visited Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa. After Samoa, we turned south and it got cooler as we approached NZ. Swimming was popular until two or three days out of Auckland.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

16 sea days to 8 port days, max of 5 sea days in a row, almost a perfect voyage in my book.šŸ˜Š

Totally agree, John and Hilary. Hubby and I are those weird creatures who LOVE sea days!!šŸ™‚

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Hubby and I are those weird creatures who LOVE sea days!!šŸ™‚

I'd be happy to have a cruise that went nowhere just kept cruising, never enough sea days in my book.

• Like 7

On 12/12/2023 at 4:49 PM, elkaycruiser said:

Great input and help everyone. Have just booked it. Yay. So looking forward to those sea days. Already got my 2025 cruise booked too.

Have a great cruise.

Ā 

After it leaves you in Auckland, it does a quick trip down the coast through the Cook Strait, across to Sydney, and picks me up for the Round Aust cruise so do please leave your room clean.šŸ˜‚

• Haha 3