VIBE same price 15 day or 21 day same cruise

SakeDad

We just realized on Encore Panama Canal April 7th whether you get off in LA (15 days) or Vancouver (21 days) you are still paying $309 per person for your pass. So some are being charged $14 a day and others paying $18 a day (roughly) for the EXACT SAME USAGE! This is a clear ripoff and grift by NCL! They need to prorate things like this so ALL guests pay the same amount. 

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is recognition of the fact that the Vibe will be unusable from Mexico to Vancouver on your cruise. No rip off. 

It's April....why would it be unusable? So it will be CLOSED Mexico to Canada? You make no sense with that.

16 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

It's April....why would it be unusable? So it will be CLOSED Mexico to Canada? You make no sense with that.

Bird has a well documented dislike for the Vibe and does not believe it's worth spending any money on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I believe the word “unusable” was used, not closed. Those are two different words with 2 different meanings. Unusable in the sense that it will be chilly off the western US coast that time of year, maybe too chilly to enjoy. It will not be closed, but it also won’t be a popular place to be on many of those days. The sunny time for anything north of Santa Barbara on the coast is actually late summer thru about October. 

6 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Unusable - add a bit of wind from the ship movement and you get wind chills in the 30's and 40's.

image.png.559969f217aa60a9ad7007263589c8dd.png

We sailed to Alaska over Labor Day. Temps in the high 50's. The Vibe was sold out. It was empty most days, even glacier watching day where the Vibe would have been a good vantage point.(We were in the Haven and could see into the Vibe,,, our sundeck was in use (folks bundled up or in swimwear using the hot tubs,,, Vibe... not so much). 

Edited by BirdTravels

If you bring up THREE Encore’s Panama Canal cruises from Miami you’ll see the prices are the same for all of the 3!

April 7-22, 2024 15 days Miami to Los Angeles

April 7-24, 2024 17 days Miami to San Francisco

April 7-28, 2024 21 days Miami to Seattle (with Astoria and Victoria thrown in).

🤷‍♀️

On 12/10/2023 at 2:33 AM, SakeDad said:

We just realized on Encore Panama Canal April 7th whether you get off in LA (15 days) or Vancouver (21 days) you are still paying $309 per person for your pass. So some are being charged $14 a day and others paying $18 a day (roughly) for the EXACT SAME USAGE! This is a clear ripoff and grift by NCL! They need to prorate things like this so ALL guests pay the same amount. 

If it makes you feel better, the price is $259 for my next 7 day Caribbean cruise. You are paying way less than my $37 per day, but no complaints from me. Pricing is all supply and demand and I find the cost of the space worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rnfulk said:

If it makes you feel better, the price is $259 for my next 7 day Caribbean cruise. You are paying way less than my $37 per day, but no complaints from me. Pricing is all supply and demand and I find the cost of the space worth it.

Yea that is what I just paid a few weeks ago. The 3 reasons I get the Vibe passes are we never wait for bar service no long lines. There are always loungers in there. And the private bathrooms are great I do not like using the ones by the main pool area they can be quite unsettling.