LaReserve changes

davencl

7 hours ago, davencl said:

Apparently the menu's for LaReserve are changing. This according to an Oceania rep.   As a result I cannot book for my Jan. 21st sailing on the Marina.  Anyone have info or updates they can share? 

I was told by the O rep that they were just behind in getting the dates for my Marina Feb. 14 sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, See_More said:

Just received the latest Oceania brochure and it clearly states La Reserve menus are staying the same. I hope they aren’t shutting down Marina’s La Reserve ahead of the refit when it will become Aquamar.

They aren't shutting down the La Reserve dinner but moving it to Privee.  So yes the space will be redone into Aquamar.  I don't think they'll move it to Privee before the remodel but they might.  

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/marina/new-features-coming-may-2024-marinas-refurbishment

Edited by davencl

La Reserve is still not showing as available for booking on our Riviera cruise beginning Dec 29. I called Oceania and was told they could not book it either, as it wasn’t showing on their schedule. Hopefully we can book it once on board.

Our take on La Reserve, is that the food is excellent overall. The menu has not changed enough to warrant doing it again.  We did 4 trips eating there. We did not do The Dom Perignon as we dislike Champagne. The Odyssey menu while good, is not in our opinion as good as La Bourgeoisie. The last time we did it the "Host" had changed. He is now (or was) the maitre D in one of the specialties. This past time,it felt a little rushed & without the usual panache.The fact it jumped from $110 to $150 we thought was not worth it anymore. The GDR on Riviera was excellent most nights. Actually had close to the best Dover sole we've ever had.