Is There an App that Monitors Oceania Price Changes?

harryw

Not that I know of. There are three ways that a price may change (someone please chime in if I forgot one):

1) Every quarter O has the opportunity to increase the "regular" (non-sale) price, but there are many (less popular?) cruises that never increase in price.

2) Advertised sales where the price is shown on the website; occasionally there are sales where you have to dig a little (call O, check a TA's site, etc.) to find out the sale price.

3) Unadvertised sales that are typically only available through some TA's (and not directly from O).

I am guessing you want to know when prices go down. You can sign up for advertised sale notification with O or your TA. For unadvertised sales, you have to depend on your TA's notification process or check their site regularly.

@harryw I fully understand why you asked the question.  I also wish there was a way to gain this information.  The reason is I really liked cruising on Oceania.  It kind of hit my sweet spot with out breaking the bank.  So let's make a deal.  If and when a sales comes to pass, not a private only special travel agent deal, a deal like Four Category Upgrades, Or like the Extraordinary Sales Event, lets commit to post it here on CruiseCritic.com.

Another idea is something we did on the NCL Board.  When NCL Haven suites were a bargain, there is a stream were folk report the deals.  NCL does fares differently than Oceania that is for sure, but we still can help each other.  Oceania sometimes during sales does not show the sale price on their website.  Crowd sourcing is a powerful benefit on a cruise board.  Just a thought.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 6

Best idea I know of is to check a major on line cruise agency weekly. Usually those guys have access to private sales as well as what O offers to the public. I did this for an upcoming Regent cruise. Saw pricing 30 percent less than the cruise only price I was paying...not shown on Regent website. Called my TA and sent them a screenshot from the on line TA's website including special code. Regent gave me the lower price, saving me almost 5k. They did remove Amex Platinum, onboard booking and shareholder onboard credits to the tune of $550, but I did not complain. Some of these on line agencies also show deck plans with flashing dots over available cabins in each category. Easier to check availability using a dummy booking on their sites rather than on O website.

• Thanks 2

Though one starts with two realities.

First, O has SALE after SALE. And has since I started watching O carefully in January 2021. I think O has had about 6-8 major SALES so far in 2023. I stopped counting. Some, of course, far better than others. The BEST in 2023 IMO was the Extraordinary Savings Sale.

Second, O has little desire to detail to you immediately and thoroughly any new sale price once you've already booked a cruise. I booked my first O cruise in Jan 2021 and days later I saw the O "Presidents' Day Sale". Did O alert me? NO. I had to contact them. (I book direct thru O, not thru a TA.) I remember asking about the sale, which dropped the price of my cruise significantly. The sales rep admitted they wouldn't alert me and I had to do my own monitoring.

I'm thankful for the many here who alert us to an upcoming sale BEFORE O actually puts it up on their web page!

AND yet no matter how many times I've "signed up for alerts" on O's web page, O never alerts me. They will alert my wife now and then. I've found their own "alert" system to be utterly broken. Their web site not very efficient or effective. Made worse when they hid the new sale price and you have to call O direct to find out.

• Like 1

There is an occasional poster here that has a program that tracks these things. They track multiple cruise lines. I’m sorry but I don’t remember their handle. Maybe they will see this and chime in. 

It sure seems like there is NO formal program/app to show price differences/drops for Oceania.  I guess we will all have to do "old school".  Check the Oceania Site often, check here on CruiseCritic.com often and know that several times a year, Oceania does the same sales.  

On a side note, I found last year that the bargains were in Europe for what ever reason. Not just with Oceania, lots of brands.  I also noticed and on this, I can NOT confirm or deny, Oceania does not reduce prices like other brands.  It seems to me, they just do a sale.  Other brands prices fluctuate daily, weekly and monthly.  Yes, I am very aware of the Oceania Private sales to agents and agencies. I am simply not privy to them as some are.

My hopes are, you book early, book onboard, gain what ever benefits comes from that and hope for a great sale. If value is important,  It helps not to cruise on the newest ships initially, to cruise just as the most popular season just ended and never on a holiday.  I am booked for the Mediterranean again in 2025, however, I am looking to book a warm climate cruise on Oceania and take my Older Sister who has never cruised before. If you are going to cruise only once, the approach that Oceania uses would be to her liking. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

... I also noticed and on this, I can NOT confirm or deny, Oceania does not reduce prices like other brands.  It seems to me, they just do a sale.  Other brands prices fluctuate daily, weekly and monthly.  Yes, I am very aware of the Oceania Private sales to agents and agencies. I am simply not privy to them as some are. My hopes are, you book early, book onboard, gain whatever benefits comes from that and hope for a great sale. If value is important, it helps not to cruise on the newest ships initially, to cruise just as the most popular season just ended and never on a holiday. ...

Having collected the various brochures over time and studying them for cruises I've taken or have booked in the future, one sees a slow steady increase in list prices in the brochures. I suspect we'll see a $100 or so increase in most list prices come 1/1/24, for example. But then come the sales. Sales, sales, sales. As you look to see if your particular cruise qualifies.

So historically for me back to Jan 2022, I'd book early, then check sales. Too bad the change in deposit/refund policy makes it less desirable to do this if your cruise doesn't go on sale.