Early Check-in or Luggage Storage Hotels in Miami?

JamieLogical

My husband and I are sailing out of Miami in February. Our best flight option gets us into Miami very early the day before our cruise (assuming our flight is on time!). Does anyone know of any hotels that allow you to either check in very early or drop/store your luggage ahead of your check-in time? We would like to be free of our luggage to explore Miami for the day.

Edited to add our flight is scheduled to land at MIA at 9:20am.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Does anyone know of any hotels that allow you to either check in very early or drop/store your luggage ahead of your check-in time? We would like to be free of our luggage to explore Miami for the day.

Most nicer full service hotels will allow you to drop your bags off at any time on the day of check in. 

Early check in depends on a few things. Sometimes if you have loyalty status at a particular hotel brand you can ask for early check in (but it is rarely guaranteed in the same way that loyalty programs will guarantee late check out). Some hotels allow you to add it as an extra cost add on at the time of booking.

The only surefire way to arrange early check in that early is to book your hotel room the night before you arrive. We do this sometimes when we’re taking a red eye to Europe and get in at 6am and just want to go straight to the room. It’s expensive but the room is waiting for you on arrival. If you do this you’ll need to call the hotel ahead of time to let them know or else they might show you as a no show the day of arrival. 

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

My husband and I are sailing out of Miami in February. Our best flight option gets us into Miami very early the day before our cruise (assuming our flight is on time!). Does anyone know of any hotels that allow you to either check in very early or drop/store your luggage ahead of your check-in time? We would like to be free of our luggage to explore Miami for the day.

Edited to add our flight is scheduled to land at MIA at 9:20am.

I would get your luggage at the airport and head to your hotel. Ask them if it’s possible to check in early or if they will kindly store your luggage, while you go out and tour. Most will do this for their guests.