Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

23 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Looks like they actually moving quick. Was worried with the additional sea days inserted in there would be days where the ship would barely be moving

The additional sea day was between Puntarenas and Huatulco (for leaving out San Juan del Sur). That was indeed a slow leg at 12 knots with extra turns.

Huatulco to Puerto Vallarta was done straightforward at 19-20 knots.

All aboard 4:30. Now 4:53, and still missing 6 people. Waiting for the laggards, but have dinner reservations at 5, so may not see them. Don't know how long the Captain will wait. He's certainly been blowing the horn. And with only 6, it's unlikely it's a tour. They announce the cabins to report, and it sounded like two from Aloha deck.

Oh, here come some strollers. And they're just strolling along, too.

Posted (edited)

Oh, and as the captain was explaining over the PA system about why we were waiting he also said we might need to be holding the handrails tomorrow

Edited by mrell345

35 minutes ago, friend of Eeyore said:

Oh, here come some strollers. And they're just strolling along, too.

The strollers turned out to be from the Carnival ship. The first 3 that showed up, they were actually greeted with their passports. I think they were about to be left behind. The last 2 (I don't know what happened to number 6) must have contacted the port agent, because the officials kept pointing to where they came from, and they were not greeted with the passports. All on board about 5:15. Lots of cheers from the promenade. And the Captain didn't waste any time pulling off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I haven't seen that menu before. I like the additions (Chicken Curry, Caesar's salad, Mac N' Cheese, soup). Nice!

The Mac n cheese is ok but nothing to write home about

20 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

The additional sea day was between Puntarenas and Huatulco (for leaving out San Juan del Sur). That was indeed a slow leg at 12 knots with extra turns.

Sounds like we'll be "looking forward" to that when we go in reverse order in April. (People on that roll call are up in friggin' arms about not having a substitute port...on a cruise where they'll see the Panama Canal AND a total solar eclipse.)

• Like 1

Forgot to take a picture of it, but one of the main dishes was the old appetizer I loved, the goat cheese souffle. I got it for an appetizer, and it was as wonderful as ever. The iced Cointreau soufflé was just a Panna cotta, in my opinion, but good anyway. (I knew it was a cold "soufflé, so wasn't sure what to expect.)

Captain's farewell speech in the Piazza tonight- wine and Blue Lagoons being passed out.

20240105_180708.jpg

20240105_184927.jpg

20240105_185223.jpg

20240105_190445.jpg

• Like 1