Apex

Harrisonkid

The e class ships do not have traditional early/late dining times despite all appearances to the contrary.  All of the dining on Apex is open seating. Pay no attention to any instruction which says that you have a 6 o’clock dining time. That is an artifact of the outdated celebrity booking system and it is not valid for e class ships.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 2

So , besides open dining can I go to any restaurant the first night or will it be assigned.? ..also should we request a 'reservation' on the first day ? It's an Anniversary trip and I would like to secure a table for 2 by a window ...any ideas would be great 

17 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

So , besides open dining can I go to any restaurant the first night or will it be assigned.? ..also should we request a 'reservation' on the first day ? It's an Anniversary trip and I would like to secure a table for 2 by a window ...any ideas would be great 

Any of the 4 MDRs any night. We were on the Apex in March 2023. I made 6:PM ATD reservations pre cruise in our CP. Once on board we were advised reservations would not be honored for ATD and the Apex wasn't doing early or late TD either. MDRs open at 5:30. We showed up every evening at 6 and were able to get the same two top table each evening with no waiting. We elected to go to the same MDR each evening. 

You can go to any of the 4 .MDRs.  You can check in the app to see what time the dining rooms open for dinner,  generally it is 5:30 or 6 .  The I would suggest show up as early as there will most likely be line to be seated when they open.

1 hour ago, Harrisonkid said:

If you want to be the first one to be seated at a window table you're probably going to need to get to them 20mins before they open.  Also, you can show up whenever and ask to be seated at a window table and you're probably going to wait

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The e class ships do not have traditional early/late dining times despite all appearances to the contrary.  All of the dining on Apex is open seating. Pay no attention to any instruction which says that you have a 6 o’clock dining time. That is an artifact of the outdated celebrity booking system and it is not valid for e class ships.

I read your reply with great interest. Whilst I appreciate that the OP is asking about the Apex, I'm on the Edge next and here is a screen shot of the info in my cruise planner. 

Screenshot_20231227_123825.thumb.jpg.a29b9b6724718f80c2349271a0e5820b.jpg

I will be delighted if it is as you describe as I've spent the last few months hoping I could change from 8.30/late dining time. 

I do wish Celebrity would give out correct information. 🙄

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Thanks for the info. So  its clear it's really open seating /first come first serve . Any recommendations of the 4?  In your opinion which might be  better ? 

When you first board the ship go to the MDR you would like to eat at. Speak with the host that will be stationed there taking requests. Let that person know what you would like. That person can advise you accordingly. 

7 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Thanks for the info. So  its clear it's really open seating /first come first serve . Any recommendations of the 4?  In your opinion which might be  better ? 

Better is depending on what you like.  On embarkation day, you can go in and have a look at the decor of each restaurant.  They are each styled differently.  They all have some entrees in common, and they have a few special dishes or appetizers - you can see these on the app - but don't bother looking too early or it won't be too accurate.  You can typically order whatever from any of the restaurants in any of them as they all share a kitchen.  So I would say pick the one that you really like the decor.

So, each of the four MDRs have the menu of the day and each of them have a couple of specialty dishes and cocktails "unique" to that restaurant.  The secret is that since they share a common kitchen, you can get even the unique menu items in any of the four restaurant on request.

Mike in Ohio