Have I Booked Excursions Too Close Together?

puzzums

Hi folks,

I posted this on the Alaska board and it was suggested I should maybe post it on the Princess board, so here you go…..

While in Icy Strait Point we have booked (through Princess) an ATV Expedition from 10:30 to 1:00 and then the Remote Wildlife &Brown Bear Search from 2:00 to 4:30.  When I booked them I didn’t notice that is only one hour between excursions.  Do you think that could be a problem?  Especially if the first one happens to return a bit late?

Thanks.

We did a similar thing on our cruise in June2024. My sister said if they are too close together they usually won’t let you book both. But we are going to double check once on board.  

Edited by K922

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That's pretty tight...plus you'll have no time to eat lunch. 

We all know how terrible it is to miss a meal while cruising. Oh the horror!

Not only that but IIRC, the actual meet-up time for excursions is at least 20 minutes before the official start time.

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2023 at 2:58 AM, K922 said:

We did a similar thing on our cruise in June2024. My sister said if they are too close together they usually won’t let you book both. But we are going to double check once on board.  

Gamboa shore excursion today on the Emerald in Panama was 1 hour late back at the ship. Just an example. It can happen.

But if the Cruise Personalizer lets you book 2 excursions in a row - it's ok. Minimum time window is indeed 1 hour I think. And I'm sure Princess will refund if you miss excursion No. 2.

Edited by EDVM96

On 12/26/2023 at 7:18 PM, puzzums said:

Hi folks,

I posted this on the Alaska board and it was suggested I should maybe post it on the Princess board, so here you go…..

While in Icy Strait Point we have booked (through Princess) an ATV Expedition from 10:30 to 1:00 and then the Remote Wildlife &Brown Bear Search from 2:00 to 4:30.  When I booked them I didn’t notice that is only one hour between excursions.  Do you think that could be a problem?  Especially if the first one happens to return a bit late?

Thanks.

It could be a problem. One possibility is different meeting and return points that make it tricky to make it in time.

We also once had a morning excursion where the departure was so delayed that we knew we would miss the afternoon excursion. Luckily both were ship excursions and we were able to cancel the afternoon excursion and get a refund.

On the other hand, we had it work perfectly with an hour break in Skagway where we did a raft trip in the morning and the White Pass Railway in the afternoon. We even had time to grab a bowl of crab chowder in between.

Edited by Torfamm