Cabin Bar Setup

DJ Cruisers

If you ask your Room Steward on Embarkation day, your minibar contents will be removed and the the minibar stocked with your beverages of choice.

The contents of the minibar will probably be stored in the drawer under your bed until you disembark the ship at the end of your cruise.

Edited by Crew News

Just be sure that when you tell the room steward what you want your fridge stocked with, that it is one of the normal items that comes with the default setup.  If it is something else, you will not get the Mariner discount.  So for example, if you want a beer other than Heineken (the default on most ships for the mini-bar), they will be happy to stock it but you will not get the discount.  Since Coke and Diet Coke are standard items, there will be no problem with those.

1 minute ago, DJ Cruisers said:

Thank you for your response Crew News!  That would be perfect.

Let your Room Steward know when your minibar Diet Coke supply is running low.  It might take an hour or so for them to complete the purchase/pickup for you.

On our recent Rotterdam cruise, our cabin steward was happy to remove the contents of the mini bar, but when we asked for it to be restocked with our beverages of choice, he told us we had to contact Beverage Services, he could not do it.  I assume that means the beverages were to be purchased from the bar on our own.

1 hour ago, kapitch said:

On our recent Rotterdam cruise, our cabin steward was happy to remove the contents of the mini bar, but when we asked for it to be restocked with our beverages of choice, he told us we had to contact Beverage Services, he could not do it.  I assume that means the beverages were to be purchased from the bar on our own.

No, you would still receive the Mariner discount.  There is a beverage person who goes around and checks the mini bar.  ours was replenished what we were lacking (not sure if that is always done automatically or not) on the cruise when we used it and our Mariner discount was applied for all consumed.

5 hours ago, DJ Cruisers said:

We get 25% off purchases from the bar in the cabin as 3*.  Since I drink mostly diet coke can I have the bar stocked with just that or is it a standard setup that the ship chooses?

I purchase pop during happy hour for the room.  Sometimes I purchase six cans at a time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1